Cruise Control Clutch Switch Help

herb-16v

My cruise control stopped working was told to try the switchs so plug opcom and brake switch worked and so was stork and clutch switch inactive and stay the same even with it pressed down so try diff 1 and was same so got new 1 and that was the same so what's the prob why cruise control won't work?

herb-16v

Car not moving tho when trying the clutch its just opcom plug in and pressing clutch not doing nowt? Can i bypass clutch switch or not

pottsey

whilst driving along get your foot under the clutch pedal and pull it up towards you .i had this with mine it worked after that ,or press and hold the reset button for about 5-10 seconds whilst going along, then keep trying the set button till it picks it up again, it some how drops out if you havent used it for a while..

herb-16v

Hi i have just tried my stalk on my mates vectra b 2.6 v6 and it never worked but when he fit his he had to get the stalk from a omega some think to do with the ecu is from the omega in the 2.6 so is there different stalks or world mine still work from my 2.2 on his 2.6

herb-16v

Its not gsi just Sri v6. He got it remapped and they said when they plug it in it don't show at vectra b all stuff shows at omega b . He has cruise control that works so wanted to try my stalk as i can't get mine to work but mine won't work on his and his won't work on mine so need to know if i order a stalk do i need 1 for the 2.2 or are they all same

Dave One

Has the clutch switch ever worked? I ask because I believe there are 3 types for the mk4 iirc.

Also, did you say OpCom reports them as inactive or de-activated?

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk 2

herb-16v

Yer worked and then left car for about 3days while i was ill come to put cruise control on and did not work i will plug it in tomorrow and see what it says

herb-16v

had a look and when press brake i get active, when i press clutch i get inactive, when press cruise control trip switch i get I (set), and the other setting saying cruise control it say inactive. had 3 clutch switch and all say the same and had 2 brake switch and they work, so my guess is its not picking up the clutch switch now or the setting for cruise control is not going active, i don't have setting on opcom to activate it so guess will have to be tech 2

Dave One

My cruise control on the Astra Mk4 was set using OpCom. I'm not sure of the menu steps - another forum member did it...... I know you have a Vec B so can't really help you out mate as my OpCom experience is very limited, sorry :(.

Dave One

Good news mate. Thought OpCom could do it but vec b must need tech2.... Sorted either way :).

I couldn't do without cruise control now.

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk 2

LouG

sorted my mate lend tech 2 from vauxhall plug it in and it was deactivated

Alright Herb,

Did you need the Tech 2 to activate the clutch switch? I've the same issue, clutch switch just shows Inactive, checked all wiring which is fine.

Cheers

L