Clamp on Flexi Sections!!

JohnnyN

Former Staff
Don't see why Paul? Its just the same flexi that you'd have welded in place but you can put a U-clamp on either end. Must work out far cheaper for someone like yourself for how many you go through to do it this way as opposed to getting someone to weld one in for you. An ILOK SS flexi from Camskill will set you back around £40, then as said, you'd have to have it welded in place.

Hareng

Just noticed this thread perhaps Daz will divulge, will these pass the MOT? Thought there was something somewhere welded only?

Got a 4" Ilok SS £7, just had to get a longer Ilock one yesterday 8" with 4ft of ms tube expected £10, cash £25 sir! I go through one about every 5 to 7 months so now putting the 2" on the downpipe and 8" where normally is.

JohnnyN

Former Staff
This isn't a definative answer but I would have thought that there wouldn't be an issue as exhaust pipework at the joins aren't reqired to be welded, they can be a flange or sleeve fitment just as long as there is no leaks, nevertheless, a good question.

(y)

I have been searching this site and I can't seem to find the dimensions of the flexi section?
I want to order my flexi section today from ebay which someone was kind enough to post as I intend to
take my exhaust off and weld it in place this weekend.

Does it have to be the same size or would a slightly longer section prolong the life due to less stress?
Thanks Guys :D

si.c1978

i dont think it matters, the one in my exhaust is deliberately larger incase we had fitting issues when we made the downpipe (y)

si.c1978

dunno on a veccy on the astra you would struggle as its attached to the flange ive moved mine to underneath.
as for diameter i dont know as mines custom and we bought the bits to fit each other (y)

mazza 2.2

If the diameter is too large on the flexi section then will this not cause a disturbance in the flow of the exhaust gas where the flexi covers the pipe?

Thanks for your help guys,

I ordered the flexi section 51/150mm off of exhaustpartsuk and got my local powerflow dealership in St Albans to weld it in for £70
Car now driving and pulling better than when I first brought it 2 months ago :D

JohnnyN

Former Staff
UPDATE!!!

Clamp on flexi sections from MIJ Exhausts.

All different sizes. Clamps included.

Have a look on the page below and browse the pipes. There are also weld in pipes available amongst the clamps on pipes.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/MIJExhaust_Fle ... 581&_pgn=2

Attachments

• flex_con.JPG
    flex_con.JPG
    27.4 KB · Views: 462

old ant

i missed this thread and went to my local exhaust suppliers who sold my a weld in section for £50, hopefully my mate is going to do the welding for me then its happy days as apose to the £300 for a new cat :D

SteveW

Sorry to bump this thread as it's a few years old now, but the ebay shop is still there and I am desperately seeking a bit of flexi to replace the broken bit in my front pipe.

clamp on ideally. Anyone have any idea which one I need to buy?