Car in for repair

MikeS

Former Staff
car is 7 years old though Daz

timing chain snapped on a 7yr old z22se i doubt anyone would think twice about it

Daz

Former Staff
car is 7 years old though Daz

timing chain snapped on a 7yr old z22se i doubt anyone would think twice about it

I appreciate that mike. however a local m8 of mine had a new gearbox fitted under warranty on his 6 year old vxr last year. and guess what, it f**ked again after 10k.

Matt

Administrator
I appreciate that mike. however a local m8 of mine had a new gearbox fitted under warranty on his 6 year old vxr last year. and guess what, it f**ked again after 10k.
That's the problem. VX are fitting new boxes that have the same problem as the one which has just failed. VX don't repair them and replace the bearings, they just swap the whole box out.

Matt

Administrator
well no way i gonna buy a 2nd hand vxr when they is 10 yrs old
It's totally pot luck Mike. I thought mine was OK right upto this week, when actually looking back, it's probably been on it's way out for over a year now.

It's not just the VXR's that have this issue, the CDTI models also suffer from it, and also the Corsa VXRs (and there have been a few Vectra C's with them fitted as well).

Matt

Administrator
I took the car out this morning for a quick drive to McDonalds :)

It's a little stiff from cold to get into 1st and 2nd, but hopefully that will ease up once it's got a few hundred miles on it. But, saying that, it's so much nicer to drive now

MikeS

Former Staff
irony matt is that i have sneaky feeling my gbox is starting to play up

smooth gear change is getting clunky, been like this since sitting in rush hour last year

I have loosened up my gaitor to see if it helps as it was brand new and very rigid

Matt

Administrator
irony matt is that i have sneaky feeling my gbox is starting to play up

smooth gear change is getting clunky, been like this since sitting in rush hour last year

I have loosened up my gaitor to see if it helps as it was brand new and very rigid
s**t! How common are faults on the F23? I've not seen many threads about them having issues. Are you running with more oil in the box as per the TIS article?

MikeS

Former Staff
that's my next job

changing the gearbox oil, but i think all that stop start traffic has worn the box so i am not expecting much

there is a slight rattle from the linkage on the box when i change gear, but i know that occurs from wear n tear

Daz

Former Staff
Gearbox in my old coupe died 2 weeks ago. and thats the 1st one ive changed. saying that what mike is describing seems to be the same issue the guy who bought it from me had before it went BANG..

Matt

Administrator
that's my next job

changing the gearbox oil, but i think all that stop start traffic has worn the box so i am not expecting much

there is a slight rattle from the linkage on the box when i change gear, but i know that occurs from wear n tear
I think changing the oil on mine got me an extra 12 months out of it TBH. I also spend a lot of time over the last 18 months in stop / start traffic going to and from work. I'm glad I'm back on shift now, as there is no traffic at 7am or 7pm