Cam Belt Kit

Matt

Administrator
Water pump (LEH): 24409355
Aux Drive Belt: 93182272
Full Timing Belt Kit: 93185844

mazza 2.2

i see, it seems strange they dont just uprate the tensioners which i could only assume to be the cheaper option as opposed to them just saying to their customers 'unfortunately because our tensioners arent up to the job as much how about go and replace the cam belt every 30k miles?'
In essence that's what their saying dunno..

Matt

Administrator
MikeS said:
all ecotec engines were revised from 60k to 30k due to the tensioners falling apart
I'd not heard that, when I spoke with VX it had been revised from 80k or 8 years to 60k or 6 years.

mazza 2.2 said:
:LOL: sorry for being rude to your car Matt. 28k is an early change, is that Vx recommended or Matt recommended :LOL:
Peace of mind, I've no issue throwing money at my car as I know it's done and being well looked after.

It has fixed a noise that I was getting which was audiable from the drivers side wheel. Must have been one of the rollers that was noisy. It's had new timing belt, 2 rollers, tensioner, water pump and a new aux belt fitted.

MikeS

Former Staff
i would as well matt tbh

when these belts / tensioners go they tend to take the engine with it

mazza 2.2

Agreed Mike, this thread has persuaded me to get my chain done, all the overtime ive been doing will hopefully see this get done within a few months. Then i can have peace of mind too. :)

Matt

Administrator
Almost a month with the new belt kit fitted, and the engine feels a tad smoother with it fitted, and a lot quieter at idle now. Not sure if it's just psychological though???