Buzzing from injectors / fuel rail with ignition on?

damian1978

Hi all,

I've just finished putting the engine back together after a new head and with the ignition on everything seems ok, furl pump primes, fuel in the rail etc, but I have a funny buzzing noise that comes from the injectors or the fuel rail. Sometimes it's louder than others. My battery is low and I can't start the car but I'm not sure whats causing the buzzing noise. Could it be one of the injectors?

Any ideas what this could be? Perhaps just a low/knackered battery causing gremlins or maybe a knackered injector? Everything worked fine before the engine was stripped and I've just replaced the fuel system back exactly as it was.

Any help appreciated! Oh, it's a vec B 2.2 z22se.

Thanks

damian1978

Just a note to add on this, the buzzing stops when I crank the engine, but then when I stop cranking the buzzing comes back even louder until I switch the ignition off.

Any ideas?
Thanks

damian1978

Presumably the noise went then, when you sorted the battery?

Well, I've just unplugged all the injectors and reconnected them one at a time and checked for the noise after each one. The noise disappeared when all the injectors were unplugged and was present again with each of them reconnected individually.

Is this a sign of knackered injectors? Or will they quieten down with a fresh battery and running the engine?

Thanks

guy 27

I have had a similar noise from mine start up around 3 months ago.
It comes and goes though, so i have a feeling its a bad electrical connection somewhere
My battery seems to be fine.