Breaking Breaking astra g plus z20net engine(rings shot)

si.c1978

im afraid a sad sad day has come for me cryb..

my car is going to be split as MOT and tax time of year has come around, im facing almost a grand plus tax to get it thro, as my rings are shot and a few other normal wear and tear items need doing for mot (wheel bearings etc)

much as i love the beast if i do bring it up to scratch it'll still want the suspension doing to suit (it annihalates tyres!!!) and will fast become a black hole of money that i cant warrant in these times of economic difficulties.

when i could walk to work this wouldnt have been such a problem but really where i live now i cant live without a car.

after a discussion with the mrs, somethings gotta give, we still want our holidays etc, she wants rid of her vectra as she has a work vehicle so ill take the veccy.

so its all up for grabs!!! sensible offers please!

includes:-

scorpion exhaust and straight thro centre section
70mm tb
inlet mani
exhaust mani
garret gt2052 turbo
gsi intercooler
cylinder head
f23 gearbox
catch tank
interior
GAUGES AND PODS very nice!!! see my conversion post.
lots more!!

https://z22se.co.uk/threads/astra-g-2-2-sri-to-z20net-conversion-project.13927/

ill sell anything except bits needed to roll it to the scrappys.

megasquirt 2 ecu and wideband already sold!

Last edited by a moderator:

si.c1978

it makes me wanna cry a little but now isnt the right time to throw that sort of money at it.
its 11 years old and seen its best days.
it will always be my bench mark to aim for in future.
for front wd it was one (if not the) of the fiestiest ive ever been in.
lesson to be had is not to go too far.
after much chatting research and examining log reports i summerise the injectors ran out of oomph then couldnt supply enough fuel. cryb..
that said she has kept going for 4 months im sooo sad :(

astra22bertoneauto

That must be heartbreaking Si. I know someone who put a litre of gear oil into his engine before he traded one of his coupes in. It stopped the rings smoking for a bit hehe :cool:

si.c1978

id love to keep it going, but since weve moved the running costs have been making me think anyway, as it costs me nearly 50 quid a week to get to work.
ill post up my future plans soon, as im only buying the mrs veccy to tart up a bit and sell on, then i have ideas..............................

Matt

Administrator
I've fixed the link back to your original thread as well Si, as they are now different on the new forum software.

si.c1978

cool thanks matt,

its quite heart breaking taking my little car apart, the first bag of bits is ready to go to my mates, hes having the wideband and ms2 ecu off of me for 300:) cos hes nice and fair, im also taking my throttle body and fast idle valve plus bypass piping as he may be interested.

im not overly gutted as i have had her 8 years and from the z22se to the z20net every moment was a pleasure (and terrifying towards the end!!),
i learnt a lot building her, and could easily do it again (but tidier lol)
it was built the devon way as ugly as subo but as brutal as a pitbull and in many ways im still happy.

im off for a mini memorial service and to carve a small statue now.:cry: