blanace shaft delete kit

lee-roy

hello, im wondering about buying and fitting a blanace shaft delete kit, i've only done a quick search about them and wanted a bit more info, i.e whats involved in fitting it, pic's if anyones got them, how worth while it is, things like that. i've heard it can give a 10bhp gain but is it worth doing with any other mod notsure.gif any help/info will be great.

cheers

sdbutler10

first of all its an engine out job.
it will work well on it own but always do othermods as well as it helps it all along.

lee-roy

cheers to you two for replying, and a big thanks for the link its very interesting and helpful, its somthing i want to do so you might get a pm, thanks again

vocky

Staff
the rear bearings also require modification, either fit sleeves or push the bearing back 7.5mm

there is a thread in this section (y)

corsa_ade

Just removed and cut down shafts :D , it is just a case of marking current position on extension bare and tapping in 7.5mm is this correct? Whay does this have to be done?

cavaddict

Its done to block off the oil way which feeds the bearing....if you dont do it the oil just whooshes out and you lose oil pressure. And yes....just tap the rear bearing back 7.5mm.