Bit big maybe?

rik1083

aye, you'd struggle for bulkhead clearance with that I think, although I dont know if harrop gives more clearance
could probably be done :) but dont know if you need it :p

60mm = 2822mm^2
70MM = 3847mm^2
80mm = 5024mm^2

so 80mm is close to 45% bigger than 60mm
but then i guess you got more than 45% more power too :D

nickb777

Had a look and it won't fit without an adapter plate as the holes don't align :(

Seems the 68TB has holes @85x65mm , Vocky put up a cosworth TB but the ones I have found so far seem to have holes 70x66, so another adapter plate required. I see Rik got the 70mm one That should have gone on the M62 ok But I think the holes are wrong for the M62 with a 68TB aswell as the Harrop. :(

FLD

There may be a risk of getting erratic throttling low down in the rev range if you go too big as the control wont be sufficient. Might be worth considering a progressive twin throttle with the same throttle area to preserve low down throttle response.

rik1083

FLD said:
There may be a risk of getting erratic throttling low down in the rev range if you go too big as the control wont be sufficient. Might be worth considering a progressive twin throttle with the same throttle area to preserve low down throttle response.

for those of us with cable throttles, we should really have an idle valve. My idle speed goes from 800 at cold to 1200 when hot and have to touch the pedal a bit to get it going which is annoying

FLD

An ISCV will do the idle nicely but my biggest concern is control of light throttle loads. The TPS might not be fine enough to give accurate control. A progressive twin throttle (like the old webber twin downdraughts) would give fine control as well as sufficient flow.

exmantaa

Not sure on the diameter, but the old XE/LET TB's were a nice progressive dual flap design.
And these include a trottle pot...

FLD

Try the scorpio 24v. They have a twin progressive throttle. Not sure of the sizes though. Ford seem to really like them.