BIKE CARBS

Has any body fitted motorbike carbs to there 2.2. could see this being a cheaper option than throttle bodies.

bikes rev to 11,000 rpm at least so thats plenty for a car engine. would be perfectly placed in a astra or vec. with air straight thru grill.

maybe a custom radiator to sit lower down so the air is almost ram affect.

just a idea. people have probably thought about this anyway. but just thought id see what the reaction was.

cheers fellas drool.gif

slindborg

in essence yeah dump the TB/Carb idea until you are on stand alone ECU and either on a manual throttle cable or a cunning drive setup (not using servos off an RC car)

you simply cannont make the std ecu run ITB's (properly)... not without some baaad ass PROPER live mapping which as far as im aware there arent many/any people who can do that.

vocky

Staff
I was all set to buy throttle bodies, literally a week away, then someone posted that the power delivery was almost identical to about 5000 rpm, infact the standard set up was better at some points :?

this sat niggling at the back of my mind and then alanoo posted the 2.4 inlet manifold thread.

I could be completely wrong but the power delivery of the 2.4 inlet manifold is as good as throttle bodies to the standard rev limiter (6850rpm)

If you created a high revving engine (7500rpm) then throttle bodies will be the best route, but remember the standard cams peak way below 6850rpm and even the piper peak at 6800 rpm.

So with piper cams the 2.4 inlet manifold is the best inlet system (buck for buck)

Rick201i

I was all set to buy throttle bodies, literally a week away, then someone posted that the power delivery was almost identical to about 5000 rpm, infact the standard set up was better at some points :?

this sat niggling at the back of my mind and then alanoo posted the 2.4 inlet manifold thread.

I could be completely wrong but the power delivery of the 2.4 inlet manifold is as good as throttle bodies to the standard rev limiter (6850rpm)

If you created a high revving engine (7500rpm) then throttle bodies will be the best route, but remember the standard cams peak way below 6850rpm and even the piper peak at 6800 rpm.

So with piper cams the 2.4 inlet manifold is the best inlet system (buck for buck)
I'm going down the bike route. A lad from work is bringing the carbs in tomorrow. They came of his 2 litre zetec. There of a cbr

Rick201i

I'm going down the bike route. A lad from work is bringing the carbs in tomorrow. They came of his 2 litre zetec. There of a cbr
Got the bike carb there off a cbr600

Attachments

• 20190108_080012.jpg
    20190108_080012.jpg
    522.4 KB · Views: 186