Best way To Clean KN57i Cone

milo

Hey Guys, What's the best way to clean a 57i cone filter? As mine is black and I mean black!!

20140107_192219.jpg

I was just to jet wash it, but I've been told I need to relube it?! Advise?

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
k&n recharge kit halfrauds £14.99
or opie oils if they have it but if its from there it will be a 3week wait to recive it like my air filter!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!! "add 300 more Exclamation marks"

Matt

Administrator
That's not bad for £9. I've had a cleaning kit for each of the filters I've had on my cars (Pipercross, K&N and ITG).

milo

Well it arrived today and u can't argue at that price. Well happy. Hopefully I'll get it done on weekend if the weather holds

milo

20140107_192219.jpg
20140111_152251.jpg

What a hell of a difference! Looks brand new well impressed! Just going to let it dry over night and the re-oil it tomorrow. Then back on the car it goes till the summer, I've so missed the chav roar of the induction lol

milo

I'm looking forward to seeing if they any difference overall with the custom air take pipe. Never had the cone on with that. Prob not make any difference but will look better lol

milo

Cone nicely oiled up and back on the coupe. Had to give it a quick blast......aww how I've missed that rumble lol

Sjdickso

Staff
Must admit I am a sucker for a induction kit sound.

My custom Viper hasn't the raw induction sound of a open cone but still barks a bit at full chat :)

It reminds me that mine could do with a clean.

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
lol ive only done 3k on mine and its already been washed :) got 2 recharge kits that need using up
never did like that flat sucking droning fuel wasteing sound of a cone filter always made me think -slow

milo

I'd rather have the noise from underneath your bonnet carl :) But be told I'm not aloud to waste money on doing so :cry: she rather I went out and got a new car so in two minds atm as I cant fault my coupe. I dont want it to get wrecked by a boy racer either as it'll just head to an auction when I part ex it.

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
I'd rather have the noise from underneath your bonnet carl :) But be told I'm not aloud to waste money on doing so :cry: she rather I went out and got a new car so in two minds atm as I cant fault my coupe. I dont want it to get wrecked by a boy racer either as it'll just head to an auction when I part ex it.
i dont have that kind of ear ake :)
and i would of ended up spending the best part of £18k getting the car i wanted if not more so spending £2k on the coupe that there's nout wrong with made it much more fun and makes me want to keep it even more :)
i can say i dont have an induction roar is more of a squeal :)

milo

If and I mean if, I changed the coupe it would be for a low milage vectra vxr or an insignia vxr if one was around my budget of 11k