Balance chain query after change

fone

done balancer and timing chains just now and it wont start?
All marks lined up. Any ideas please

fone

is it turning over?
Yeah turning over fine. Large tap noise every 2 secconds or so whilest turning?
Stripped it down ready for a refit in the morn,all looks in place apart from getting the marks to meet again? Closest i get on cam chain is 1 link out on both cams and crank. Still 14 between exh and int.

fone

it all started when i sarted it up after work weds,diddnt start first time like usual,then try'd again and started,running verry poor,idling at 1400 rpm stinking of petrol and shaking like a s**tting dog!
Diddnt attempt a drive and thought the only job i havent done was the balancer chain,hence the shaking to?
It was super slack aswell!
I have put a 150 ecu on it recently,been fine. Was a cdx. Will try that if i can suss what ive done wroge and get it goin!

fone

Timing is spot on,and its try'n to fire up now. Like its flooded or domething? Thinking fpr valve maybe?

fone

Cam lobes up over cylnder 4. The notch on crank pulley meets case mark. Is it TDC everytime it passes,or every other?

fone

Solved the problem now.Head off,cylinder 1 and 4 were full of crap banked up over half the piston,the valves seats were fithy and not seating tidy. Injectors cleaned,also full of it.Back together and my golly gosh what a difference :) Goes like a steamer!Thanks to all at/on Z22SE Finest of poeple!