Anyone with a Vectra C had clutch and dmf done?

Bow

Thinking about biting the bullet soon. Trying to get a rough price and what is needed please?

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
bow do you have the 6speed box ?
if you do and the dfm is gone you should sell the car to me for 50p then i will take the box and fit it to mine lol

Bow

It's 5 speed else you would have a deal Carl lol. You going 6 speed eventually? Mine hasn't gone but clutch feels like it on it's way :(

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
You going 6 speed eventually?
yep but i think it will be the f40 need to get a converted dmf to single mass then get the clutch centers changed lots of work with the drive shafts to :(

Mine hasn't gone but clutch feels like it on it's way :(
clutch is easy but you're going to need to sell a kidney to replace the dmf £354 :confused: or get ttv to make you a single mass conversion

Daz

Former Staff
We used to fit single mass conversions in work... Gearboxs didn't last long after fitment tho.. So we only fit dmfs back in now...

Bow

Not loking good then lol what exactly do I need parts wise to fix the clutch? Does dmf have to be replaced or is it best to?

Matt

Administrator
Not loking good then lol what exactly do I need parts wise to fix the clutch? Does dmf have to be replaced or is it best to?
Most people do them both as you are already working in the area and getting the access is half the problem.

Bow

Yeah I guess the subframe needs removing? I've spent so much on it that I will have to get it done at some point, hopefully it will last a while longer

Bow

What does a dmf come under on eurocarparts? Can't find one on there. Got a whole kit going for £600 :/ on ebay

Bow

Cheapest one I've found on ebay is £600 for everything. I'm trying to price it up on eurocarparts but can't find the dmf on there

rushy

I've felt like my clutch has been going for the last 50k. In fact I even questioned the dealer when it was at 30k as its never had that snap and after a sitting in a que going up hill to a roundabout the clutch was always really soft. Something I would expect from an old one but not on a newish one. Ive had the car 9 years now with the same clutch and its always felt the same. I'm on about 120k now and it still feels the same as 30k (soft with no snap) its been bleed many times I might add. Re the DMF, the ones Matt and Vocky have replaced have both been on 1.9 CDTi Vec C's not petrol 2.2's. I really dont think you'll need a DMF, it doesn't get a hammering like the oil burners.

Common sense would say replace them both, but if the DMF has still got miles on it do you realisticly see yourself keeping the car that long for it to fail. I dont think ive seen a dmf fail on a 2.2 petrol unlike the CDTi's.

Bow

Thanks for the info mate. I'll just leave it then until it goes, it's definitely spongey tho. And I'll swerve the dmf as I've only just hit 80k :) cheers Rushy

I think I have to do my clutch also in the near future :/ But now I'm wondering if I should change the dual mass flywheel also or just leave the old one in? Offcourse fitting a new one should be better, however that is also making the kit a lot more expensive. Dilemmas :s