Another chain bites the dust!!!!!!

mjc2.2

Mechanic just called to look at my car! instantly told me the chain has snapped! id even got it booked in with him to be done next week as well!
Absolutly p**sed!!! these engines are f**king time bombs! i didnt know much about them until i bought one, and then all these horror stories of chains snapping at various mileages, mines just done 45000 with regular oil changes, was a bit rattley on start up so booked it in to be done for next week. It's been an absolute bain of my life over the last 12 months this chain! every time i started the car i was s**tting myself!! im afraid its the last VX i own "VAUXHALL IV'E s**t 'EM" :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :ev

mjc2.2

Cam chain update!!!

1 Chain did not fail!! guide did!!!!
2 Bent a few inlet valves
3 Pistons OK
4 Valve guides OK
5 Also do not stick Halfords fully synthetic oil in your engine!! i have done 2 oil changes in 12 months with it! when the garage removed the head they said it looked like it hadnt been changed in 2 years and it was starting to block the oil jet!!!
6 To replace and repair all of this with genuine VX parts £950 on the nose
could of been worse methinks!!

mjc2.2

Another update on my mota! after i had got the car back i noticed it was smoking when i was putting my foot down! needless to say something sinister lurking. Yes thats right! its either cracked a piston or knackered a ring :cry: so ive decide to have another engine fitted! dont ask how much! but its a 2002 z22se with 20000 on it,im taking my new timing chain kit off my current lump and having it fitted to the new one! so peice of mind there(maybe) :(