Another cam chain noise thread?

phil

Advice guys please :)

Probably one in every 10 startups, there's a noise on the engine which I imagine is cam chain. It only last for a split second and then it's gone.

It doesn't sound that bad, just a little bit "rougher" then quickly clears.. not as noisey or "diesel like" as some threads suggest.

The engine sounds sweet straight after the noise and as I say doesn't do it all the time.

Is this the dreaded cam chain noise? Or is it normal to expect a bit of a noise every now and again. dunno..

Cheers in advance. thumbup

Nem

Get it looked at mate. Mine was similar especially when it got closer to service intervals and now I've had mine changed it never does it.

Mark Dj

Former Staff
I get a noise when I start mine up, but it goes straight away again. Mine is just the tappets til the oil gets to them, then it's fine. It may be the same on your car..

Mark Dj

Former Staff
On my last 2.2 I had I also had a slight chain noise on start ups but just now and again. My mate has my old car, and he has had it changed. The one I have now is just tappets on start ups from cold, it only has 42.000 miles on it. I know the issue you have and maybe Phil has and it's best to get it checked out asap. I was just wondering if it was Phils tappets making the noise also. Thanks

Jatie 150

Well I have been onto vx customer services this afternoon they have given

me a case ref . Just have to book the car in with the local dealer now so they can inspect it & then hear what they have to say which will probably be fobbing me off with some sort of excuse like the last time !

But the last time the chain was not making a noise at all so now the noise is evident .

Fingers crosssed they do it @ their cost !

Jatie 150

Update :

Car went into vx dealer monday = they diagnosed no fault ..

Rang customer services up again told them was not happy with out come rant @ them etc informed them I have the feild remedy report which states etc with engine number & that my engine number is below etc ...
was told manager will ring me back .

4 days later no phone call :twisted:

I have given up with vx & have decided I am gona get it done for my peace of mind before things go pear shaped what..