Aftermarket Front Bumper On Turbo

Turbo_Shane

As some of us know, i brought a aftermarket front bumper for my old 2.2. I never got it fitted in the end but now its going on my new turbo :D

I had a bit of troubble getting the old bumper off as someone glued the sides in the wings as the brackets were broken each side.

After about an hour of easing the sides out and getting the glue out from the wings holding the bumper on, i carefully lined up the new GR2 bumper in place as i got some new bolts in and holding in nice and tightley :)

yesterday i took off the bumper and prepped it ready for paint. I local body shop is painting it for £150 all in.

I spoke the the painter this afternoon and he said it should be ready for me by tomorrow ( friday ). :D

Turbo_Shane

Heres some pics of the progress.. :)

Attachments

• Shane1.jpg
    Shane1.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 204

dodger

Former Staff
not sure whats happened to your pics.

Are you taking the OEM bumper off and replacing it with an aftermarket one? Are you going to sell the OEM bumper as i'm interested in the splitter at the bottom ;-)

Matt

Administrator
Sjdickso said:
All your photos are black?

If you click on the thumbnail image in the post, it does open the full size image. Not sure what has happened to it though to make that happen.

Matt

Administrator
Shane, your Jpeg file is corrupt, so the server can't read it and generate the thumbnail. I've opened it locally, and re-saved it, and it uploads fine now

Turbo_Shane

Yes! its been sprayed and is back on the car. I picked it up from the body shop saturday morning and fitted mesh to it as soon as i got back. Within an hour me and my dads mate helped me put the bumper back on... :)

Attachments

• Photo01.jpg
    Photo01.jpg
    399 KB · Views: 208

Turbo_Shane

( got the pics to work now Matt lol. I just opened them up on paint and re-saved them and it worked! ) Cheers for your help!

Turbo_Shane

Bumper being prept on the night before respray...

Also took bumper back off to rub down the top lip...

Attachments

• Photo02.jpg
    Photo02.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 200
  • Photo03.jpg
    Photo03.jpg
    350.5 KB · Views: 199
  • Photo04.jpg
    Photo04.jpg
    259.1 KB · Views: 204

Sjdickso

Staff
As said it is very different, looks a bit rx7 / Jap style. Not 100% sure if it is my cup of tea but as long as you are happy cheers..

Matt

Administrator
As said, certainly is different, not 100% my cup of tea, I don't personally think jap style kits suite the sleek lines of the MK4

Turbo_Shane

dodger said:
looks good Shane, very different to the others that are around.

Is the paint job good?

Thanks dodger!

Well i dont want to have or be the same. which is why i choose this one.

Paint job came out a treat! Looks ace! :D

Attachments

• Photo00222.jpg
    Photo00222.jpg
    350.4 KB · Views: 194
  • Photo0180.jpg
    Photo0180.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 195
  • Photo0310.jpg
    Photo0310.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 197

robo22sri

nice shane, you going to change the other bumpers to match?
where did you get your little plate from mate? i have been after a little plate for ages but no body will help in shops near me