ADDING an EXTRA gearbox front mount...Vectra b

PENGOO

I was giving a link so you can search your old MOT history of your car , going back was an eye opener to what was fixed failed or adivse in the past ..

on the one before I got the car it listed brake pipes ( to look and find they have all been painted with some sort or silver paint ..

Then WEAK gear box mount ..? so I guess its the rear one and not the two hydro ones on the front ..
SO with a few having SC fitted a upgrade is a good idea ,as well I myself felling the engine kick when changing gear ....
SO long story short ..lol ..WHICH one do I need from an Astra or a Zafira .. front lower , and then the bolts I guess are longer ..?

pottsey

I didn't do the rear one I fitted an uprated polybushed mount that burt150 made .it definitely made it a lot stiffer with minimal vibrations too .will find a pic tomorrow for you

PENGOO

yep that's what I was asking I not replacing the rear but want to add the extra but got hold of one , THINK its the Zafia as it long but seen the astra is short/ stupy.. so was thing same gear big bolts but long in place .. was un aware on drilling the box ...?

corsaZ22se

bell housing.jpg
Photo0191.jpg
Photo0191.jpg
Photo0191.jpg
Photo0191.jpg
Photo0191.jpg
you will need to drill and tap the holes in the bell housing. the locations are there near the starter motor. I had to do it to my Vectra b f23 when I fitted it to the corsa.
this is what the location for the hole looks like but this is the rear mount location, an hex shaped hole is already there.
it is the second hole up on the right you need to drill and tap

Dave Gilbert

I had to drill n tap my f23 astra gearbox to suit my vectra c mount, was the rear mount n only 1 hole n means nothing to your build really but is allways useful to know :)