2.2 Virgin

Ok only just joined the forum and only collected my 51plate Vectra 2.2 150 SRI Estate last week, bought it to transport the dogs around. Right, the car is immacualte body work, interior, passed MOT last friday, 6 Mths Tax all done by seller. Very nice guy, timing chain/oil jet updated 6 months ago.

Done well over 500 miles over the weekend, running like a dream, no water loss, no oil loss, drives superb.

NOW THE PROBLEM:

Monday morning drove 25 miles to work then noticed the EML came on (the engine one, not the one that is a car with a spanner) the manual says Emissions faults.

Sorry about my lack of engine knowledge and names:

Spoke to my mate who works for Kwik Fit, he tells me it must electronic and not mechanical. Going on diagnostics on Thursday. Right Ive noticed oil around the seal of what I believe is the Throttle Body and the plastic hose that runs to the air filter box, IS THIS NORMAL ? I tend to think it is not, it is not running out just seems a tiny amount, wiped it clean and then a tiny amount is back over a period of 24 hours.

Noticed alot of people saying engine codes for throttle body but when the throttle is given a good clean the fault light goes and everything ok..

My mate has put his money on a sensor needing replacement, but the oil is worrying me..

Any advice greatly appreciated..

Oh and Im costantly listening to the engine on start up and become obsessed with checking the oil and water :D :D :D Is this part of being a 2.2 owner ? cheers..

silver_SRi

yep, my emissions light came on, got a cheater fitted, now the lights out! and the lambda sensor didnt make it run worse either.

AceOdinn

I've got such light because of knock sensor....

By the way, I've got a bit of oil on throttle hose. It comes from breather pipe, I guess.
Maybe you should check the clamp, or pipe as well.

damian1978

Mine was the rear lambda sensor when the light came on. Not the cheapest thing to replace for such a small part, I found one on eBay (secondhand) for £15 and have had no problems since. Worth a look!