Z22SE F07 and Z22SE F75 same block

Tessa

Good evening you all!

Today the engine of my Opel Astra G Coupé 2002 failed due to a timing issue. I am thinking about swapping my engine for another Z22SE engine. I found one from an Opel Zafira also from 2002 and a Vectra from 2003. What do I have to look out for when mounting one of these in my car? Are the blocks and mounting points 100% identical? What are the differences anyways? My car has A/C, so the engine I buy also needs A/C. Are there other points to take into account as well?

Also my car has the engine type F07 and the Zafira has the type F75, the Vectra, I don't know? What is this F-code? Is that a code of the car model + engine combination?

Below the two links to the engines
Z22SE Vectra 2003
Z22SE Zafira 2002

Greetings from the Netherlands,
Casper

GreenAlien

Heyy,

I already swaped a Z22SE from a Zafira A 2002 to my Astra G Coupé 2002 last summer.

I hear the first time from these F-codes, maybe it's the Generation from the timing chain, there are three gens of it, the third one is the last and the best one with less issues.
All Z22SE are the same, there are no differences less the Valve Cover (aand the timing chain i told before). The old ones have a alloy Valve Cover, the newer ones are out of plastic.
You can use the A/C from your broken engine if the new engine have none. The A/C is only mountet with three screws, the threads for them are in every Z22SE block and still fit, no differences. The mounts are the same too.

The only important thing is that u use the wiring harness wich is screwed on top of your broken engine instead of the wiring harness from the new engine! Because they are different from car to car and when you use another there maybe could be problems with your throttle or starting the engine.

@all please correct me when i'm wrong about the F-Codes😬

These have been the most important points. Get in touch if you have any problems.

IMG_4581.jpeg

Greetings from Germany

GreenAlien