still problems cutting out

jordy

changed crank sensor today. started it up ran for about 10mins fine so switched it off. 5 mins later went to start it again to take it out for a test cuts straight out then wont start just that clicking noise again. Its something at the top of the engine clicking tho around the fuel rail I think and also one of the relays in the fuse box clicks when you try to start it. Is that normal? Fair to say Im fed up with this now. I even spoke to vauxhall but £110 just to plug it in to the computer!! I dont think so.

identiti66

If the car is iffy about non OE parts then it won't matter how good the coil pack is, a non OE one won't fix a coil pack problem.
Found that out the hard way on a 1.8 Zafira.

jordy

Possibly but if it was the coil pack wouldn't it just turn over but not fire up? It is like that at times but often all I am just getting is a click noise. I'm thinking now is it a bad connection or earth somewhere.

jordy

would you believe it I think its sorted. Found a bit of the wiring loom had been rubbing on the side of a sensor (I think the fuel pressure one) and rubbed right through and bared a little bit of one wire. Taped it up and its started and run fine for two days now. What a nightmare its caused for months tho.

milo

would you believe it I think its sorted. Found a bit of the wiring loom had been rubbing on the side of a sensor (I think the fuel pressure one) and rubbed right through and bared a little bit of one wire. Taped it up and its started and run fine for two days now. What a nightmare its caused for months tho.
Fingers crossed for u bud!! I had a running issue and it turned out to be the main earth was barely hanging on :eek:. Cleaned it up and tightened it back up and never missed a beat since! But its true how simple things can cause such ball ache

jordy

yeah thanks guys just cant believe its turned out something that cost nothing to put right in the end either which is good. Seems this problem started well over a year ago as it was cutting out and wouldnt start then and changing the coil pack cured it or so I thought. Because ive put that coil pack back on and its fine so I think I just moved the wire while changing it and it cured it for all that time.

HarleyPete

Well at least you found the cause and as you say, it cost nothing to fix it. Just sad that it took all the other investigations to find it, would have been so much easier if it was something you could have spotted at first.