RIP Astra. :-(

sandyc

I am sad to announce the sudden and untimely demise of my Astra which was destroyed in accident outside my house on wednesday night.
It was struck by woman who blacked out at the wheel then continued through my bedroom wall, destroying my car which was parked next to it.
Woken with a bang doesn't even come close.
1342631823778.jpg
1346910243542.jpg
1346910261254.jpg
1347103047258.jpg
1347103085683.jpg
1347043095465.jpg

sandyc

She's alright I think. Im just waiting for all the insurance stuff to kick off now and hopefully get it all sorted soon. I dread what to think could have happened.
Ive never figured out if my car slowed down her progress through the wall, or deflected her through the wall.
I was in that bed at the time and I almost rolled over and went back to sleep thinking the cat had knocked the TV off the chest of drawers.
I was straight out when I realised what had actually happened and it was only when I came back in and saw the actual state of my room and how close I was to being seriously injured.

sandyc

Its a solid old stone built cottage so only needs that wall rebuilt.
As for the car it's a goner but if I get to keep it I'll make sure it's parts will be put to good use on another.
Will keep everyone posted on the availability of parts.
The main thing is I'm still alive to tell the tale.

sandyc

Nope. Its just one of those things really. Im just about to go into battle with her insurance who are already dragging their heels due to their beaurocratic "Procedures" and they are still establishing liabilty 1 week on.

sandyc

That's what Ive said to them. Either way they are gona pay out for the lot, but in the meantime Im left high and dry. It was the only road legal vehicle I had on the road.
I'll be lucky to get £500 for the car out of my own insurance company based on the trade value. So Im reluctant to claim from mine at the moment.

miniator

That's what Ive said to them. Either way they are gona pay out for the lot, but in the meantime Im left high and dry. It was the only road legal vehicle I had on the road.
I'll be lucky to get £500 for the car out of my own insurance company based on the trade value. So Im reluctant to claim from mine at the moment.

you'd be surprised what insurance companies think these cars are worth! I got a new bonnet bumper and 2 headlights when a lorry reversed into mine....my insurance company's outstanding balance (to be reclaimed from the 3rd party) £1400!!!!!!