Project Freeze My engine Off (SAAB B207R Supercharged)

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
Makes you wonder what VX would think if they ever got their hands on your car. They'd probably be mmmming and aaaaahing all over it looking at all the cool mods your're doing. Great work mate, always intrigued by what your doing with your car.
its going into get the a/c regassed soon they dont quite understand whats going on with it but know its quick :)

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
lol 18psi at 4500rpm :confused: what have i done the old setup was 13psi thru the rev range
4500rpm.JPG

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
well ive made the decision to refit the factory ecu to gain some functions the temp gague was never going to work and with that not working the engine control module would not work the fans or the a/c so the refitting will gain these functions back and also free up some of the aem inputs and outputs that were used for the fuel pump relay and efi rely they will now be triggered from the z22se ecu, rpm and temp gauge will function as normal

after spending a few hours sorting the pinouts to retrace my steps as many of the wires are the same colour
doc suited for astra g 2004 z22se
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1s6q2mSrOeswcGRrMQJBXaRRDLGDLWgmVw78K9ChkP5o/edit?usp=sharing

with the wire locations sorted i set about labeling all the wires
WP_20161112_16_42_14_Pro.jpg

somewhere late sat night half way thru
WP_20161112_20_59_34_Pro.jpg

also made a bracket for the factory map sensor to bolt it to the charger it came from a 1.7td astra just i cut it up abit
WP_20161112_16_49_01_Pro.jpg

after finishing the wiring i had issues getting the engine to fire the fuel pump would prime but not run during cranking even tho the crank sensor was plugged in
having cut all the wires off the aem fic there were few dead end wires in the engine loom soon after looking i found the crank + sensor wire disconnected it was an easy fix and then the fuel pump came to life and the engine ran
WP_20161113_15_48_44_Pro.jpg

rpm works, oil pressure switch plugged in but no oil feed so its on the cooling lamp was from a disconnected pushing fan motor (a/c fan)
t/c lamp on
WP_20161113_15_11_10_Pro.jpg

fan error on the engine cooling module in the end i just pluged in a fan resistor with a factory fan to see if it would clear and it did
WP_20161113_15_11_04_Pro.jpg

now showing 10v thru all resistors with the fans triggered of the davies craig controller
WP_20161113_15_31_20_Pro.jpg

a list of errors from the ecu
WP_20161113_15_22_55_Pro.jpg

well it seems to work
the temp gague is working woohoo
the rpm is working woohoo
the tank vent is working woohoo
it appears the t/c lamp must be part of the app(accelerator pedal position) not being plugged in i tried with the t/b plugged in and still the same issue
im going to try feeding the ecu the signals from the app to the z22se ecu to see if it clears i guess i could do the same with the tps sensors to that would give the ecu the info it needs im hoping the cruise control is based off the app by holding the app1 and app2 signals that means it would work on the aem to :)
WP_20161113_15_32_40_Pro.jpg

and a vid :)

Last edited:

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
finally rigged up the a/c fan resistor with an external resistor
WP_20161119_13_50_53_Pro.jpg

no more lamp on :)
WP_20161119_13_51_24_Pro.jpg

got some grommets and a hole cutter to get the 2 usb cables into the car
WP_20161119_16_34_50_Pro.jpg

nice location in the scuttle to get thru at the back of the glove box
WP_20161120_14_17_58_Pro.jpg

cables in and sealed up
WP_20161120_15_00_07_Pro.jpg

got a scuttle panel from the scrap yard the other day as mine was broken on the end this one cleaned up real well
the install is almost complete
WP_20161120_16_46_59_Pro.jpg

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
they look expensive ,,,, but do look cool ,,,:)
there not that expensive :) shame to cover them up :confused:
This is insane!!
Wish I had a fraction of your skills dude...
im still learning lol

Is that a ls4 throttle body to ??
yes i already had one but this is a brand new one
got an issue with a dbw fault so bought one to see if it would fix the problem but now it looks like an interference issue or an app sensor fault
aqpp errr.JPG

in other news the ve table on the ecu is close to target
requesting 11afr and getting 11.05 :)
weeppppp.JPG

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
fixed the issue with the error from the app i failed to read the instructions ""voltage must be 12.4+ 14v ideal for dbw tuning"" hooked up the battery charger and then redid the dbw setup no red lights at 70-80% app now :)

also inadvertently removed the immobiliser on the factory ecu messing about that put the svs lamp on ended up having the reset the factory ecu and immobiliser then remove all keys and reprogram the immobiliser function for immb+engine contol it had failed programming quite a few time before it got back to lamp off and reprogramming the key
WP_20161127_14_09_29_Pro.jpg

WP_20161127_14_11_41_Pro.jpg

at some point i will finish the car and actually take it for a drive lol

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
found the lsj baro sensor bracket so fitted it to the 2bar map sensor then plugged the hole in the supercharger inlet
WP_20161125_11_50_14_Pro.jpg

found a location for the z22se ecu that was out the way
WP_20161203_16_00_05_Pro.jpg

not much looming left to do
WP_20161203_23_17_07_Pro.jpg

bumpers back on and the bonnet now shuts even gave it a quick wash
WP_20161203_12_48_39_Pro.jpg

hopefully get it sorted today and take it was a drive :)

Last edited:

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
needs more work lol kept stalling on gear change then when i got back found the boost controller not connected so it was causing an air leak on the inlet doh!
but i drove 5miles and it didnt explode so that good lol

the vss (vehicle speed signal) setting was way out so i cant set the gears up :confused: 200mph lol
200mph.JPG

now ive also got some log data for with load so i can make the corrections to the ve table
and 19psi by 4000rpm is 5psi more than the m62
rich.JPG

only down side is the charger is almost silent lol

milo

Noise will come in higher rpm? so 19psi at 4k u got 5psi more, that's 7psi more than mine. Hope the noise comes in strong top end. Good work bud

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
Noise will come in higher rpm? so 19psi at 4k u got 5psi more, that's 7psi more than mine. Hope the noise comes in strong top end. Good work bud
not got that far yet engine still needs running in but consider thats 19psi @4000rpm theres still 3800rpm to go :)

took the car out for another drive found the lasist file to be a load of poo so went back a few days to an older file the car ran and idles fine but hit a hiccup think one of the safety functions cut in as i had no throttle control think its copied the setting from the problem a few posts ago will try and sort that
during the hickup i was not logging to the lap top but its handy the ecu saves its own logs to a usb stick thats plugged in all the time :)

retrieving said logs from the stick
save logs.JPG

think this is the issue is the wobbly line on the dbw plot
wobble.JPG

but while out and about i managed to get the vss right and now showing the right speed that also allowed the infinity to judge what gear the car is in
is does need some fine tuning
red line rpm and yellow line is gear in the plot n the bottom :)
vss and gears.JPG

chill do you have a screen shot of your ignition timing table ? i cant figure out where its ment to be on this ecu :confused: