Project Freeze My Ass Off (rear Poly Bush's Astra G)

Dave One

Good stuff Carl.

I haven't read through and the title hadn't bought me here before but................ Climate Control as well as Auto Leveler - I'll be looking to you for guidance on these soon, lol.

I'll have to check through and get a list of what I need for the Climate Control (I have a new Air Con Rad to fit, then regas, so I may try and tie this all in together :).

And thanks to Matt for pointing me to this thread :D

Cheers,
Dave

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
hey Dave the link to the c/c installation i put in my garage thread :) under interior / exterior mods tab

the info for auto levellers has been updated in the thread and is correct there now working

the parts required for the Climate Control are
dash sensor
C/C air box and fan
C/C controller unit ( i have a spare)
a plug from the MID with 2ft of wires (i have one spare)
new pollen filter (worth changing while out)
new dash console to fit C/C controller

the wiring is further back in the thread but you may also need to add a wire to the bulkhead connector and then to the cooling module behind the bumper if you dont have one installed

good place to look for info is -->HERE<--

the parts you will have to find on the net or try cs autos and give chirs a shout

Dave One

So do you think I could get away with my current dash loom then, and just add the extra wires? Or will the best option be a dash loom upgrade?

Also, should all Dash Looms be interchangeable (obviously, some wires will be extra and not needed, depending on fit)?

Cheers

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
your current loom will suffice as long as you have A/C if you dont have A/C then get a loom with then mod that
the loom i had was a Cab loom and not a direct fit so modification was the best way its just a few wires soldered in at the stereo wiring and speedo wires

Dave One

your current loom will suffice as long as you have A/C if you dont have A/C then get a loom with then mod that
the loom i had was a Cab loom and not a direct fit so modification was the best way its just a few wires soldered in at the stereo wiring and speedo wires

Good news there. I'll get reading in a bit - much to the wife's annoyance, lol :)

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
just had op-com on the car seams to be many stored codes in a few items most from the battery being low and disconnected
airbags
low voltage ?
cooling module not sure on this one
ai556.photobucket.com_albums_ss6_evocarlos1_WP_000483.jpg

they have all been cleared will check them again soon :)

also did a screen test on the C/C controller
ai556.photobucket.com_albums_ss6_evocarlos1_WP_000482.jpg

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
swapped the fan motor for my old one is seams less noisy finished up the loom tidying and then refitted the glove box and lower trims
ball ake was i had to remove the motor resistor pack to plug the motor in
it was back to far in the dash and could not see to plug it in
big ass heatsink
ai556.photobucket.com_albums_ss6_evocarlos1_WP_000486.jpg

cars booked in for an A/C recharge @ 3 monday with my local vx £36

Last edited:

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
its not called project freeze me ass off for nout lol
rear springs
ai556.photobucket.com_albums_ss6_evocarlos1_WP_000493.jpg

old vs new also was to lasy to take the wheel off
ai556.photobucket.com_albums_ss6_evocarlos1_WP_000494.jpg

nickel plating did not last that long that will teach me for trying to do me dads brake clipper and wreck the solution with cast iron particles
ai556.photobucket.com_albums_ss6_evocarlos1_WP_000497.jpg

achievements-2.jpg

ai556.photobucket.com_albums_ss6_evocarlos1_WP_000499.jpg

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
well ive just taken the car out for its 1st drive since i went on my road trip i have to say C/C is awesome :)
needed to go and get fags i set off then half way there the abs light started flashing on and off intermittently thought i had mashed the plug when fitting the springs
but looks like the T/C wire that was flopping about on the floor was shorting to the seat rail lol its a smooth ride now and much more comfortable inside

there's that much paint on this centre trim i cant do anything with it and it looks gash roll on the morning when i get my white led's so i can fix the C/C display :)
ai556.photobucket.com_albums_ss6_evocarlos1_WP_000504.jpg

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
went for a trip down to vx for a a/c recharge and i found out why i could not get the a/c pump to run

the a/c pump would not run due to pressure in the system was low all good now
ai556.photobucket.com_albums_ss6_evocarlos1_WP_000513.jpg

and finally the LED's turned up
ai556.photobucket.com_albums_ss6_evocarlos1_WP_000507.jpg

old vs new
ai556.photobucket.com_albums_ss6_evocarlos1_th_WP_000509.jpgai556.photobucket.com_albums_ss6_evocarlos1_th_WP_000508.jpg

jig and new LED setup
ai556.photobucket.com_albums_ss6_evocarlos1_WP_000522.jpg

the new LED's look like this
ai556.photobucket.com_albums_ss6_evocarlos1_WP_000526.jpg

one in place on the C/C controller
ai556.photobucket.com_albums_ss6_evocarlos1_WP_000528.jpg

all done 1st test was not so good looks like some flux got under the screen :(
ai556.photobucket.com_albums_ss6_evocarlos1_WP_000536.jpg

ploppy
ai556.photobucket.com_albums_ss6_evocarlos1_WP_000538.jpg

endded up cutting the screen out it was easier than unsoldering all the pins
ai556.photobucket.com_albums_ss6_evocarlos1_WP_000539.jpg

side lights on after the rebuild
ai556.photobucket.com_albums_ss6_evocarlos1_WP_000540.jpg

and the final look :)
ai556.photobucket.com_albums_ss6_evocarlos1_WP_000543.jpg

while at vx ive ordered the full headlamp washer kit but not the relay or the hose as its sold in 10m lengths and is £9.60 per meter