Opcom help

jordy

Hi everyone.
In another thread I've been documenting my ongoing torment with my 2.2 direct zafira randomly cutting out sometimes at Idle sometimes while driving.
At times it will restart straight away and at other times it won't but always does after a few minutes. If it doesn't restart I will then have misfire codes showing for all cylinders.
I plugged opcom into it but I'm afraid it's all beyond me so I was hoping some of you more knowledgeable ones could help me. I've uploaded to you tube a video of the readings any chance some of you kind souls could see if anything looks wrong.

It actually does cut out at about 2:40 in the vid.

Really appreciate any observations or suggestions what I should look for if I plug it in again.

marks152

I'd be checking fuel pressure regulator solenoid/pump. Pretty sure the z22yh suffer pump/ solenoid issues and gm replaced some of them free of charge.

jordy

Thanks for the reply.
It's already had all those problems and had a replacement hp fuel pump and regulator fitted just under 2 years ago. Also I would have thought I'd be getting fuel pressure codes wouldn't I?

Johnss

You should record the data of "DDL2" with [record] function at the moment when engine experiences that cut out, to see does fuel pressure actually drops.

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
well your getting desired fuel pressure when on the page that shows it
if your getting misfire on all 4 it could be the coil pack
but johns advice is good :)

jordy

Changed coil pack already and it didn't help. I will try recording that data to see what it shows tho thanks. Only other thing I've noticed is when it cuts out if it restarts straight away the revs jump up higher than normal when starting. Could that be a sign it's been over fueled at the point of cut out?
So when it starts again there is still a bit extra fuel there which ignites more? Just a thought I had.