Lift pump

jordy

Replaced battery on my zafira after advised to by rac. Car started but really misfires esp under load then cut out and wouldn't start just turns over. I kept trying then realised I couldn't hear the lift pump from the back like you usually can when you turn key to the position before starting. I took key out put it back in then I heard pump and it did start. Then cut out again round the corner and wouldn't start at all.
So my question is should that lift pump go every time I turn key right back to off and try to start or does it not if you have been trying to start a few times.

I know z22yh has the hp pump and that has been replaced a couple of years ago
But no fuel pressure codes are showing only codes are misfire for each cylinder still.

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
its ment to come on for a few seconds at key in ignition on to bump the line pressure up then stop
once the engine is running it will be on and off as there's a fuel presure switch in the tank
its a one pipe supply and there are no sensors pre hp pump

jordy

Thanks for the reply.
I was trying to start it for quite a while and I was even taking key out and back in ignition and the pump wasn't going then at other times I would hear it go but it still wouldn't fire up. But if there is a pressure switch on the tank maybe that's why it wasn't? If it already has pressure because I had been cranking it already?
To be honest it seems more like it's over fueling to me. Someone was following me yesterday and it was misfiring and they said they could smell petrol from it.