zafira REAR WINDOWS NOT WORKING

Dave Gilbert

got a family members zafira with a problem, the rear windows arnt working(both)

at first it was just the rear passenger side, it would work on its door but not on the drivers door then it stopped on there aswell then the other side went.

so im just wondering if anyone else as experienced this fault or if op-com could help?

iv got op-com but not used it yet

cheers

Dolby

1. Check if childprotection button is disabled green led must see. If red led is on the child protection is enabled. End rear windows are not working. ;) (check picture).

ai435.photobucket.com_albums_qq73_Dolbyadt_Zafiraraamschakelaar_zps9020709e.jpg

2. Check fuse within the fusebox inside car.

The fuse for the elektric windows are;

Electric windows;

nr: F20 30A
nr: F17 30A
nr: F15 5A

3. When you close the door with the key, works the rear doors also?

4. IF you turn the radio on do you have also music on the rear doors?

3. If rear windows doesn't work after stap 1 en 2 Thane you have a problem with the kabels to the rear doors. (check pictures).

ai435.photobucket.com_albums_qq73_Dolbyadt_20140421_181852_zps3ac0a5db.jpg

ai435.photobucket.com_albums_qq73_Dolbyadt_20140421_181909_zps13205e16.jpg

ai435.photobucket.com_albums_qq73_Dolbyadt_20140421_182830_zps6e3dafb3.jpg

ai435.photobucket.com_albums_qq73_Dolbyadt_Kabelbreuk_ramen_zps22e7206e.jpg

I had a broken kabel. We fixed it en thene everything works fine again. This is a well-known issue with the Zafira A.
On e-bay are allready repair sets to replace this well-known issue.

Last edited:

IDI AMIN

I would say possibly 1 of these
Fuse
Relay
Driver's window controls panel faulty
Broken wire somewhere

I'm not sure it could be anything else

Dave Gilbert

well i still havnt looked at it but speakers work in all doors but when u lock it with the key in the door only the the drivers door locks so i think either a wire or a fuse.

Dave Gilbert

looked at the zafira today, and found that the fuse had gone, so swapped that, but still not 100% fix

all windows go up n down from there own buttons, but not all work from the drivers door(most do)

all of them go up from the drivers door but 1 of the rears doesnt go back down. so i suspect the switch in the drivers door, can anyone confirm this or not?

n the fuse is abit of a strange 1
20140628_184821.jpg

Dave Gilbert

yeh im 99% sure but just wanted to see if anyone had seen similar, iv had the switch to pieces n cant see anything strange.

there around £50 on ebay for replacement so i hope im right, if not its £50 wasted

IDI AMIN

No scrapyards close to where you live guaranteed you would get it for at least half the price you just mentioned

Dave Gilbert

finally looking at the zafira today, got the cables out of the door into the car and found the main red and brown cables damaged but not broken, as far as i can see its just the outer sleaving thats damaged, im not sure how i should repair it, i dont know if to just bang some electrical tape around the damage or cut it out and add a bit of extra cable?

any ideaszafira cables.jpg

Dave Gilbert

iv cut the damage out and added a small piece of wire to get rid of any damage but just gone to put a new fuse in n "POP" so must be something else

any ideas ?

IDI AMIN

iv cut the damage out and added a small piece of wire to get rid of any damage but just gone to put a new fuse in n "POP" so must be something else

any ideas ?
What you have described sounds like bare wires are touching each other causing the fuse to blow or the actual component the wire connects to is faulty that is all i can think of do you have correct fuse size incorrect amp rating could also cause this i'm sure

Dave Gilbert

yeh thats what i thought(wires touching)
so gonna strip the other side out

most wires dont move so must be in 1 of the door shuts. (im hopeing anyway)

Dave Gilbert

figgered it out the passenger side rear door was in a right mess, i will need the repair kit from vauxhall in a months to do it right but its working for now