Z32SE astra-g

OK, so finally the Vectra has gone to the crusher, i now have all my space back.....

so, the next step was getting the box in to see just how close the mountings were,... the rear gearbox mount went straight on, the front required some spacers, and the top required a small plate made. next problem, i found was the size of the drive shafts compared to the standard 2.2 ones, and the 3.2 are HUGE lol, i initially thought, press the existing 2.2 out and 3.2, compare sizes etc.... but that idea went out the window, then thought about using the Vectra hub and carrier, the carrier requires a small amount of modification to the top bolt hole for the shock, and replacing the lower ball joint with one from a Saab, as the Astra lower ball joint pin diameter is 18mm, where as the Vectra was 20mm, and certain Saab have a pin diameter of 20mm. However, that went out the window, and i have decided to utilize the original Vectra hub and carrier along with lower arm, this gets rid of my brake problem,but this also requires a small amount of modification to the sub frame

Im still battling against my electrical issues, so any help will be greatly appreciated......

si.c1978

if its a CAN i warn you now you will certainely find it hard to get over.
this wouldnt be soooo bad if you didnt meet so much resistance from the people that know what to do (vauxhall and many ecu unlocking type companys will treat you a lot like you pinched the engine on the way home from the pub)
aftermarket is an expensive first step but relatively simple in comparison of getting it to work on existing electrics.
not to mention once you split the loom there are branch wires everywhere that make it more confusing.

ok, so i have a few pics of the work done so far, only problem being is i dont know how to upload them here lol

unfortunately its a CAN bus system, however i recently spoke to a very helpful gentleman who informed me he has a friend in germany who is also using the Z32SE lump and loom however has flashed the existing ECU i believe, with a Motorsport map. this removes the immobiliser issue and apparantly, if I was listening correctly, removes the need to have any other BCM plugged in.......So fingers crossed.........

Ok so we have now adapted the Astra sub frame to carry the Vectra C lower arms, its in early stages at the moment but is looking really good, we have both lower arms bolted in place and have cut away the existing Astra lower arms fixing plates. Just the finishing touchs to do and they will be finished. so now the front suspension and braking components are all from the vectra.......pics to be uploaded.

see you soon for more updates :)

si.c1978

fair play mate quick work!
if you scroll down while you are writing a comment you'll see a 'upload attachment' thumbnail click that then a browser bar to selest your pics will appear. (y)