Z32SE astra-g

Ahhhhhhhh, ok guys so I was already a member but can't remember user name so started a new one..........

So the news so far........

Z22se was taken out last year, I was going to rebuild it but decided I go for something different, Z32SE, has anyone done this using all vectra c bits....... I would really like some help, not interested in any "won't work" answers genuine help only :)

si.c1978

no such thing as wont work!
what cant be found can be made, and what cant be wired in can be gutted and start from fresh!
engine mounts and room will be your biggest pain. exhaust can be made as well as the coolant system relatively easily,
astra g's have a stand alone power steering system and a lot of other bits are stand alone, you just gotta rip the engine out stick a new one in and get it working.

the throttle may also be a pain. but if the engine is not a CAN based ecu setup there is no reason (if you can wire it in correctly) that that should cause a problem. (y)

rushy

Vec c has stand alone electric power steering as well and the ecu will be can. Could you possibly use parts from the y32se used in the omega, I belive it's baisicly the same engine but mounted the other way and less emission regs.

Matt

Administrator
It's the 3.2 really worth it with only 208bhp? If you are wanting to do something different......Z28NET :twisted:

Hi guys thanks for the replies :) Matt, z28net out the window, not interested in turbo power I want n/a power :) the biggest problem I have is the z32se is CANbus, I was thinking however of using the omega 3.2 ecu..... But not 100% sure. Everything else is more of a walk in the park but getting the bewt to fire up using vec c ecu. Feel free to text me ( am I allowed to give my number out here) 07580 337005, as I'm not on here alot being up my garage most of the time. Dan thanks guys in advance :)

rushy

There's a couple of guys that have fitted the 3.2 to there none Can Vec B's over on VVOC. They might not be able to help you with things like mounts and power train for the Astra but re the electrics/ECU they should be right up your street.

si.c1978

trust me when i say CAN will be a nightmare to get around, and unless you plan on installing all the ecu's from the donor car AND have it so it thinks all the components are working your probably flogging a dead horse.
the reason i said aftermarket ECU is although a tricky home job it'll be hell of a lot easier than what your planning.
especially if your going to try and use a different but stock ecu, it'll still need wiring correctly and mapping.
it would also be risky presuming it would give you a good base map as its from a different engine.

si.c1978

Matt said:
It's the 3.2 really worth it with only 208bhp? If you are wanting to do something different......Z28NET :twisted:

im waiting on some parts to turn up for mine to see if i can get my smoking issues sorted, (catch tank pressure tester etc) but i wonder................

quick edit i read its capable of 400bhp!!!! :eek:

si.c1978

fairly sure the mrs would have my bollocks with me plumb grips before i got started :LOL:

400bhp in an astra'Gs gonna tear the tyres off the rims!!!

So if I have all the body control modules, can you de immobilise the ecu?

I was thinking of standalone management, something like mega squirt, and using a base map to get it running, then have it mapped accordingly to mods done.

si.c1978

its the best plan, you'll see once you start shredding the stock loom that its going to make sweet baby jesus cry.
on the upside as long as your methodical its not a bad job.
all everything needs is a live or signal wire (to ecu) and a earth.
be carefull where you rob your lives from. (y)

rushy

si.c1978 said:
hes got an astra, and i suspect he'll have to b*****dise and weld up his mounts anyway. (y)
Yea mate, I was just pointing out how hard it would be to use the original Vec C systems, I cant even swap my light switch unless it's got the same code on it.

si.c1978

aah i see!

yep thats why i gave up flogging that dead horse. there was a lot of resistance from vx too. they werent happy at all about helping out and pretty much said i could have pinched the engine.