Z22YH 2.2 Direct

tunk

Hi all,

2004 2.2 Direct Z22YH (pre facelift) here. Currently on 73k and I think its starting to rattle, its idling oddly anyway. No previous as to if the chains have been done, but my friend owns a garage so sending it his way next week. Im not sure he uses genuine parts (not Vauxhall specific garage), so if I purchase the below kit and just leave it with him I dont need to buy anything else do I?

https://z22se.co.uk/shop/z22yh-timing-chain-kit?filter_name=z22yh

Last edited by a moderator:

Matt

Administrator
Good choice (y) Most people replace the timing chain and the balance chain while access is available, as it's false economy most of the time just doing one of the chains.

tunk

Started it up this morning, was quite hesistant, but I wouldnt say it took ages to turn over. On idle its around 700ish, but then drops to 500, then back up to 700. Cant quite hear a rattle as such, but when you look at the engine, it seems to be rocking when the idle gets lumpy. Its down on power and lumpy when you excellerate, almost jerky.

I cleaned out the throttle body last night, bit of carbon, however, when I looked at the cloth it was near black!! Did't seem to help the above though.

Its currently at the garage having both chain and balance chain replaced, and new oil, oil filter. Pick it up tomorrow, so will see if it had improved.

Changed the air filter and spark plugs the other week. I must say the rev problem was 100% worst before the plugs were changed.

I have a coolant temp sensor to fit this weekend as well, just incase, as that can cause timing issues.

Will report back..

tunk

No issues. 330 for parts. 210 all in for labour including fitting both chains and oil and filter change. Labour was 6 hours @150 before vat.

Idles superb now. So quiet at traffic lights. The air circulation motor is louder!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Matt

Administrator
No issues. 330 for parts. 210 all in for labour including fitting both chains and oil and filter change. Labour was 6 hours @150 before vat.

Idles superb now. So quiet at traffic lights. The air circulation motor is louder!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Excellent news, glad it's all running sweet again (y)