Wanted Z22se Timing chain Set.

Bow

Own a charged vec c and in all respect, doesn't have a clue lol. I don't believe it until I see pictures :)

Dave Gilbert

i think its a B myself as she says its a 2002 but i would love to see pics to prove us all wrong

Last edited:

Sara

Hi all. I have got it sorted. Its a Vectra C not a Vectra B. The reason i know sod all about cars is cause i am FEMALE. All i care about is that i turn the key and it goes. I have spoke to the garage and they have said they can do the whole job for £640 cash. When i get it all back all you nice people can have as many pictures you like. If you all get together in a nice car park somewhere like mc donnalds. local ish to Hampshire i would be more than happy to drive it up. There.

That's what the car looks like
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2002-VAUX...1162082?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item1c437a22e2

apart from mine is black. With Vectra wrote up the side of it. with the Vauxhall sign at the back.
Tacky i know but i love it lol.

Sara

at @Bow to be honest i have seen loads of Vectra Turbos on the road. And until i came on here i did not know it was such a big thing. TBH.
Its a turbo charged Vectra in all sights. Even the garage that's sorting it just said the supercharger is a turbo its just ran from a belt instead of exhaust gasses that's all.

Bow

Let me know when you want to sell it ;) still not convinced tho lol. Going back to your original post, don't even consider a cheap or second hand kit honestly, chances are it wont last long and you will regret it

corsaZ22se

So you've got a supercharged 2.2 then?

I do believe your garage is talking :poop: with regards to not fitting them. Many members on here have the supercharger fitted, and it has no impact on the chain running the timing. The oil filter breaking down is a common fault, when they aren't replaced frequently enough, due to lack of maintenance and regular oil changed.

2nd hand kits probably go straight in the bin, as they are replaced because the older ones fail, tensioners fail, guide rails break,

Wait for @evocarlos to wake up, and I'm sure he'll reply with some input, and probably @corsaZ22se who has supercharged the transplanted 2.2 into his Corsa C.

I agree with most of this only the oil filters don't break up that often if using quality parts. ive only seen it once with a cheap pattern part. as for timing chain failure its mainly down to poor servicing or total lack of, mine did 117k on original chain set with no trouble at all. still going great now its in the corsa and charged. :)
like carl has said chains only come off for a reason so don't use s/h. the price you have been quoted for new chains to be fitted is rather steep even if using cheep budget chain sets! :eek:
if you like car meets/shows theres a show at castle combe circuit in September that cheep and fun, good place to make friends and gain knowledge about your car. think its still £6 for a ticket to show with a club?

and mat, hope you didn't mean I was still asleep at 8am yesterday? had been up for a few hours by then and was at work. :LOL:

Dave Gilbert

i bet the sticker looks good, its good to be different, when i go to the car shows mine allways gets pushed to the back cos nobody likes my beast hahaha

we could stand together if you come to some shows(all the vectra Cs together hahaha)

Din

Car in the ebay link is a Volvo.... WTF ?

I still stand by the fact that the only reason the chains go is due to oil starvation.... cause by broken up oil filters, its what killed the bottom end on the Zaf, lack of oil and filter changes and those filters turn in to apple cores and disintegrate !

That and the fact that thses engines appear to have a healthy appitite for oil in the first place, when i woman "only cares if it goes when i turn the key"... then this is the result.

It would be the same for me no doubt but i go out and check the levels and top them up when required, and periodically change the oil filter.