Wanted Z22se Timing chain Set.

Sara

Hi is anyone on here selling a Timing chain Set on here. Second hand will do. Long as it still has life in it.

Thanks.

Sara

Cheap as possible Really. Not really sure what Second hand chain sets go for. I have been told you can pick they up for around £100 quid. I am just trying to keep the cost down. As being a single mum the repair bill for it is going up very fast. and I love the car. I thought being a 2002 with 32,530 on the clock was a great bargain. But now not so sure.

Sara

Yes they are all new !!! I am looking for second hand and trying to keep the cost down. As there must be people on here. who sell them,... My mechanic guy who is sorting it has said he can modify the who thing but would rather just either wack a new chain or a good second hand one. on there.

Matt

Administrator
Yes they are all new !!! I am looking for second hand and trying to keep the cost down. As there must be people on here. who sell them,... My mechanic guy who is sorting it has said he can modify the who thing but would rather just either wack a new chain or a good second hand one. on there.
I really wouldn't trust a 2nd hand one. As you seem to be having problems with only 32,000 miles on the clock, how could you guarantee the quality of the 2nd hand one? @vocky @evocarlos @Daz who are very familiar with these engines would suggest the same.

Sara

They said its gone is cause its got a Supercharger on it. Some thing that looks like a sausage and got a belt on it. They said they should not be fitted to that engine and they the ECU Repapped which I had done about 800 miles ago. And its melted some plastic that the chain runs along side of. and the oil filter that was in the car has broke up and starved the chain of oil.

thats what I have been told lol

I was hoping that someone on where would be honest enough not the sell me a rubbish 2nd hand chain tbh. as the 10 garages I rang and spoke to all said about this fourm.

Matt

Administrator
So you've got a supercharged 2.2 then?

I do believe your garage is talking :poop: with regards to not fitting them. Many members on here have the supercharger fitted, and it has no impact on the chain running the timing. The oil filter breaking down is a common fault, when they aren't replaced frequently enough, due to lack of maintenance and regular oil changed.

2nd hand kits probably go straight in the bin, as they are replaced because the older ones fail, tensioners fail, guide rails break,

Wait for @evocarlos to wake up, and I'm sure he'll reply with some input, and probably @corsaZ22se who has supercharged the transplanted 2.2 into his Corsa C.

Sara

I got it sold as a 2.2 Turbo... but I have been told its not its a 2.2 supercharged. They said its the remap thats done it. not the supercharger.

Matt

Administrator
So it's got one of these fitted:
full

Who did the mapping for the car?

Last edited:

Sara

Yes looks like that but battery is in different place and does not have a cone thing on the end of that. nor that box thing on the back of the engine. but mine is a Vectra C. and no idea on mapping but when I brought it. It hade this chart thing in there and he paid £430 to get it remapped about 6 mths ago. He said he sold it due to not being able to afford insurance.

Sara

I really don't know whats going on. .the garage its at as just said take it to a field and torch the stupid thing as those engines are a bag of s**te when it first went to them and my local Vauxhall delaer would not entertain it at all.

Matt

Administrator
Nothing wrong with these engines, as proven by the fact there is a site dedicated to them ;)

VX won't entertain it as they no longer make the engines, as the recall was over 7 years ago now.

Sara

there might be a site for them... as they are always going wrong and this site was set up to make repairs cheap. ;-) lol

I just want my car back on the road as cheap as possible.

as been told I wont get what I paid for it back unless I stripped it. down.

Matt

Administrator
there might be a site for them... as they are always going wrong and this site was set up to make repairs cheap. ;-) lol
Now I feed hurt :cry:

I just want my car back on the road as cheap as possible.

as been told I wont get what I paid for it back unless I stripped it. down.
That's the case with most things Vauxhall and > 8 years old now. Worth more stripped for parts.

Sara

What annoys me the most is my fella is in the army as a mechanic and he aint back until feb. I just feel I am being had over with this car.

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
i would like to see a picture of the supercharger vectra c 2.2 im sure it would make @Dave Gilbert happy

all the chains i have are bin fodder and i would not send one out theres a reason for them coming off :)

i would like to see that forum that shows the cheap repairs :) oh wait what ""problems with a 2.2 = poor owner maintenance""

the fai chains are what i would recommend there as cheap as your gona get for a good set of parts and matt can supply them

Dave Gilbert

i tell you what i would do a deal on a swap with you, i have a vectra c with 75000 miles on the clock which is well serviced and maintained and had all chains done around 2000 miles ago
pictures we need pictures lol