z22se options

gynge

Hi, a question often asked, what can I do to my z22se?
I'm planning on two different engine projects.
1: My daily z22se in m Vectra. I have an cat backsport exhaust, and planning some kind of cold feed induction filter. Can I do more in a simple way? I it easy to find a 2.4 manifold in GB?
If I can find z22yh pistions, will they add anyything? As I understand, it will increase the compression.

2: An engine for my old chevette(kadett), I'm dreaming of an z22se with SC, and 200 bhp. I've already found an engine from an Vectra B, is it just to buy a kit from USA, and then remap the original ECU?
Does it happens that SC set comes up for sale in GB?

The balance shaft delete kit, where to buy that. I can't see it anywhere.

Hope some one will take the time and help me. I have read a lot, especially Vocky and evocarlos treads, but I'm still in doubt. And even more in doubt about where to find things, because I'm not british.

Thanks

vocky

Staff
I know of a 2.4 inlet manifold for sale, it is £100. They do come up for sale every now and then.
Increasing the CR to 11:1 makes good NA power, not ideal for SC

Even a basic GM cobalt SC set up should give 230bhp, the SC kits also come up for sale every now and then, but not often. Usually they fetch £1200 - £1500 in the UK

corsaZ22se

that's the right guy to buy sc kits from.
with that kit you will go past what bottom end in stock form can cope with. with forged rods and pistons on that kit you could see around 300bhp :)
balancer delete doesn't need part, remove shaft and cut down then knock bearings in by 7.5mm (don't quote me on that) and re fit the ends of the shafts to carry the sprockets
Photo0200.jpg

gynge

thanks @corsa 22se . I'll keep having a look at it. Are you running the standard ECU with a new program, or is it a stand alone system?

gynge

Hi again.
I have come to the conclusion that none of my two plans will work perfect.
The z22se in my 2002 Vectra C, can not be mapped, so all modifications (2.4 inlet) will be a waste.
In my chevette, i doubt there will be room for an SC, couse the engine by it self, is resting colse to the firewall.
So now I'm thinking on a NA engine for the Chevette. What will a standard z22se block and mild portet head, with reprofiled cams, balance shaft delete and z22yh pistons bring me, with a standard inlet.( I have given up to find a 100£ 2.4 inlet)

Thanks

corsaZ22se

There is some one building a Chevette with a 2.2 lump in it. not sure on what induction they are going for though?
Have you thought about turboing your Vectra C? Dave Gilbert has done this with decent results.

vocky

Staff
there are five vx220 owners currently replacing the webcon ECU and engine loom, might be an ideal time to get a cheap aftermarket set up (y)

gynge

There is some one building a Chevette with a 2.2 lump in it. not sure on what induction they are going for though?
Have you thought about turboing your Vectra C? Dave Gilbert has done this with decent results.
I'm not going to turboing the vectra, but thanks for the suggest. The rules in my country is to crazy to do that kind of things. I'm starting to be annoyed about the vectra, so only "small changes" like a 2.4 inlet will be considered.
Small changes, that I could transfer to my spare engine for the chevette.
The dream was to have a sc z22se in the chevette, because so many runs c20xe, c20LET, z20LET, Z20LEH and so on......
But like I said, the SC takes to much space on the "airfilter side" as far as I can see, Even with a 180 degre bend, it will clash with the fire wall.

So first priority plan/dream, is a 175 bhp NA z22se.
Any link to the guy building a chevette with the 2.2?

gynge

there are five vx220 owners currently replacing the webcon ECU and engine loom, might be an ideal time to get a cheap aftermarket set up (y)
Hi z22se wizzard. Any link to where the Webcon will be for sale? Is the webcon good compared to an EMU ECU? My firends use EMU, and I have no idea where to get an Webcon adjusted/programmed here.

vocky

Staff
webcon ecu is locked, so must be a webcon dealer. Probably not a good idea if there is no webcon dealer near you

corsaZ22se

The Chevette was in a Vauxhall magazine sold in uk so no links to it.
good luck with these projects and keep us updated (y)

Rick201i

that's the right guy to buy sc kits from.
with that kit you will go past what bottom end in stock form can cope with. with forged rods and pistons on that kit you could see around 300bhp :)
balancer delete doesn't need part, remove shaft and cut down then knock bearings in by 7.5mm (don't quote me on that) and re fit the ends of the shafts to carry the sprockets
View attachment 67646
hi do you have a picture of the bearing that needs knocking in 7.5mm.how are you measuring the distance for the oil gallery to be blocked off

corsaZ22se

I do not have any photo's.
The guide on how to do it here does not seem to be there anymore?
measure from the front surface of the block where the balancer shafts go in, use a tool/drift/socket and extension bar, mark the tool at surface level and at 7.5mm out from then then drive bearing back in to second mark lines up with surface.

Rick201i

I do not have any photo's.
The guide on how to do it here does not seem to be there anymore?
measure from the front surface of the block where the balancer shafts go in, use a tool/drift/socket and extension bar, mark the tool at surface level and at 7.5mm out from then then drive bearing back in to second mark lines up with surface.
Hi so we are looking at the front flush side of the block where the balancer shaft enters?. Is the bearing as it stands flush with the block until knocked in 7.5mm