Z22SE INSURANCE SCHEME WITH CHRIS KNOTT INSURANCE

sdbutler10

no good for me only being 19 i would never insure my car tpft

Matt

Administrator
Chris Knott have smashed Adrian Flux's quote for the Vectra by over £100! Happy Buynny!

ChrisKnottIns

Official Forum Insurance Partner
Trader
To mark the company's 25th Anniversary, we have arranged a celebration for staff that will result in the office's being closed all day on Wednesday, 23rd July. We deliberately chose a Wednesday which is generally a quieter day and, needless to say, we are open all day on the Tuesday and, more importantly, Thursday, when we will pick up any overflow & call-backs. We are writing separately to all clients whose renewals are due 23rd to 25th and will e-mail as many clients as we can for whom we hold addresses.
We will be leaving a self-explanatory recorded message and the website will also make reference to this one-off event.
Our apologies if this may cause any inconvenience but hopefully this will allow you time to contact us beforehand with any quotes or queries.
I would say though that the claims department will be open as usual - 24 hours a day.

Matt

Administrator
Just another update on Chris Knott, I phoned up this afternoon to declair all the non-standard bits on the Vectra......no extra cost :D

From speaking to the nice lady on the phone, all cosmetic mods just need to be declared, it's only performance increasing mods which need referring for an adjustment. Happy days :D

blue se2

Great company just added the Mrs onto the coupe insurance £25.71 inc admin costs well happy!!!

Happy 25th Chris Knott Insurance.

Matt

Administrator
And again, just purchased a DTUK tuning box for the Vectra, which gives an extra 50bhp and a s**t load more torque. Just spoke to Tim via PM, and it's only cost me an extra £74

ChrisKnottIns

Trader
Unfortunately, it excludes all M - Manchester, L - Liverpool, OL - Oldham & SK1-12 - Stockport postcodes and Northern Ireland.

ChrisKnottIns

Trader
A new stipulation on the Insurance Scheme is that you must also have at least 1 year's NCB (unless you have NCB on a second car or a company car letter to state at least 1 year's claim free driving).

AndyJ

Tim,

My insurance is up for renewal in May and i currently have an active claim which is no neaerer being resolved..i was hit by a foreign HGV in October and his insurance company have not responded and do not look likely too either!

Could you explain how this would work if i wanted to change my insurance to Chris Knott with an active claim? I presume my insurance company would not issue me my full no-claims discount as the third party is yet to admit liability? Would this mean i am likely to pay a higher premium with yourselves?

ChrisKnottIns

Trader
boxer said:
Tim,

My insurance is up for renewal in May and i currently have an active claim which is no neaerer being resolved..i was hit by a foreign HGV in October and his insurance company have not responded and do not look likely too either!

Could you explain how this would work if i wanted to change my insurance to Chris Knott with an active claim? I presume my insurance company would not issue me my full no-claims discount as the third party is yet to admit liability? Would this mean i am likely to pay a higher premium with yourselves?

Yes, unfortunately you'd have to pay the premium with your reduced NCB but if you manage to claim off the third party & get your NCB reinstated, you will receive a full refund.

ChrisKnottIns

Trader
Danny Boy said:
hi i not yet got a years no clams on a car but i do on a bike would that help me in any way >????

Sorry, afraid not. Bike NCB is not transferable to a car.

ChrisKnottIns

Trader
Hi
Just to let you know that I'm out of the office next week (20-24 July) & 24-28 August so if I'm a little tardy in replying, you'll know why!

Please continue to post your experiences on here. We've had a great year so far, taken on more staff - twice now (!) - and streamlined our system to cope better so it's good that we can help you!

One club actually complained that we had so much positive feedback/testimonials on our email, that it took them ages to open it!!!

When ringing for an insurance quote, please don't forget to quote the club name and/or reference number found either in my signature or in the original post of this thread.

ChrisKnottIns

Trader
Please don't forget to ring us if you have received your car insurance renewal through.

People insuring with us in the first 6 months of this year made an average recorded saving of £60.02 off their BEST quote.

In July, we had our 3rd best month ever in 26 years of trading.

Earlier this month, we recorded our best ever weekly figures from the forums.

We have taken on more staff to cope with demand.

This scheme has been set up for you as a community so we can provide the discounts on your other cars as well!

Please ring 0800 917 2274 or 01580 752961 if ringing by mobile, and don't forget to mention the club name/reference number.

ChrisKnottIns

Trader
There is no doubting the success of our insurance scheme and we do thank all of you for ringing us.

However, we are often asked about online quoting.

The scheme is such that it is impossible to quote online but we have an idea!

We prefer people to ring us for a quote but if you're car insurance renewal is due within the next 21 days, please feel free to complete the questions below, then copy & paste, then email to [email protected], who will contact you with the quote.

The scheme starts for ages 22 and over for Comprehensive cover (though 25 for some cars), & 19 and over for TPF&T cover, and you must have at least 1 year's NCB (unless you have NCB on a second car or a company car letter to state at least 1 year's claim free driving).

All drivers must have held a full UK licence for at least 1 year, and to insure a 'performance' car, there must be at least 1 years experience of driving that, or similar performance cars. Unfortunately, the scheme is not competitive on all M - Manchester, L - Liverpool, OL - Oldham & SK1-12 - Stockport postcodes and excludes Northern Ireland.

1.WE WILL ONLY QUOTE IF YOUR CAR INSURANCE RENEWAL DATE IS WITHIN 21 DAYS OF THE DATE OF YOUR EMAIL,

2.PLEASE ANSWER EVERY QUESTION BELOW,

3.COPY & PASTE ALL THE TEXT FROM 'NAME OF CLUB' DOWN TO THE BOTTOM

4.EMAIL THIS TO [email protected]

5.WE WILL RING YOU BACK WITH THE QUOTE. (IF YOU HAVEN'T HEARD ANYTHING WITHIN 24 HOURS, PLEASE RING US AS WE INTEND TO LEAVE MESSAGES & SEND EMAILS SAYING WE HAVE TRIED TO CONTACT YOU).

Here you go - (if at all possible, can you reply in CAPITALS and different font/colour please?)

NAME OF CLUB : Z22SE

CLUB REFERENCE NUMBER: 829

Full name of policyholder (inc Mr/Mrs/Miss/Ms)

Home postcode

Mobile number

Daytime number

Vehicle registration number

Make & full model of car

CC

Year of manufacture

Value of car

Registered Keeper

Registered Owner

Where vehicle kept overnight

Number of seats

Date of purchase of car

(If less than 12 months ownership, please

give details of previous cars owned)

Immobiliser fitted

Modifications

RHD or LHD

Cover required (Comprehensive or TPFT)

Renewal date

Years NCB that is available to use on this policy

(NCB lapsed 2+ years ago and NCB earned as a named driver is not acceptable)

Protected bonus required if full NCB – yes or no

Who is driving

For ALL drivers –

Male or female

Date of birth

How long lived in UK

How long held a full UK licence

Occupation plus any part time jobs

Business nature of your job

Employed or self-employed

Marital status

Total miles per annum

Use of car – commuting or business use

If business use (if so, what specifically)

Homeowner

Any claims fault or non fault within 5 years

Please give circumstances including approx costs, which policy the claim was on and what happened

Any convictions within 5 years

Please give code (eg SP30), date of conviction, fine, ban

Disabilities notified to DVLA

How many cars in family

Postcode where car kept overnight

Renewal quote

Total renewal excess (inc voluntary & compulsory)

Which insurer

Best quote

Total excess (inc voluntary & compulsory)

Which insurer

(Proof will be needed of quotes as we are audited by the insurers. This can

be in the form of renewal notices, internet log in details and reference numbers).

ChrisKnottIns

Trader
Please don't forget to ring us if your car insurance renewal is due in November. (You can also email us (see separate thread) if you can't ring Mon-Fri 9am-5pm or Sat morning 9am-noon).

From September onwards, we were given increased targets of attaining an extra 25% worth of business on already six figure sums (overall written premium) for new customers.

In both September & October, we have achieved this!
(The target set for renewal retention was also accomplished!).

This shows that, because of both our prices & customer service at new quoting stage & at renewal, surely it's worth a (free) call to get a quote?

0800 917 2274 or if phoning by mobile, 01580 752961, though not free. (Please make sure you fulfil the criteria so we can quote!).

ChrisKnottIns

Trader
We have just announced plans to move to much larger premises from 1st March 2010. Existing customers will be notified in due course but this is all due to the success of our insurance scheme as we look to expand.

This year we took on 50% more staff in our New Business team just to cope with demand and as more people hear about the scheme and contact us, we will look to continue to increase our numbers so as to maintain the positive feedback we receive.

We have already hit November's target with a week still to go so again thank you to those who have rung us for a quote.

I'd ask that anyone coming up for renewal (including family) within the next 21 days to please give us a ring on 0800 917 2274 or 01580 752961 by mobile (as cheaper).

Please mention the club name/reference number and don't forget our car breakdown policy at £54.50 for full UK cover. I announced this on the site a few weeks ago and it has generated quite a lot of interest already.