z22se Harrop build

vocky

Staff
Bottom end fully balanced, wiseco 8.9:1 pistons, Eagle steel rods, brand new genuine crank bearing set, lightened flywheel with paddle clutch, ported z22se head with Compcams blower camshafts, +0.5 mm Supertech valves with supertech valve springs, new genuine balancer chain kit

SAM_5482.JPG

SAM_5483.JPG

SAM_5484.JPG

SAM_5485.JPG

vocky

Staff
collected the cylinder head from the machine shop, they recut the valve seats for the +0.5mm valves

SAM_5486.JPG

Supertech +0.5mm valves
SAM_5487.JPG

full set of genuine valve stem oil seals
SAM_5490.JPG

Compcams Blower camshafts, with Supertech double valve springs
SAM_5491.JPG

vocky

Staff
and finished :)

SAM_5492.JPG

I had to replace the pressed steel z22se roller rockers with the later cast versions, due to clearance issues with the Supertech valve spring caps
SAM_5493.JPG

vocky

Staff
brand new 2018 delivered, it's been a while since I have fitted them to a z22se engine.

Most people buy the Dbilas springs and they use OEM caps, plus the last few sets of Supertech kits I've fitted were on new B207 engines which have the cast rockers.

Obviously you can grind the roller rockers for clearance, but it was easier to swap them for the cast version :)

Just be careful to double check the clearance, rotate the engine a couple of times. Once it's been started remove the rocker cover and double check there has been no contact between the rocker and supertech valve cap.

vocky

Staff
also worth noting that the valves are +0.5mm and the newly machined valve seats mean the valve caps might sit in a slightly different place.

Either way it's something that needs careful attention during a build

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
must just be the ones from zzp that are right ? both of my kits had the dished titanium retainers and the other couple of #75 kits ive fitted were dished to it was a while ago like you said :confused:
#75lb
sprk_ts_1012_ec.jpg
#94lb
sprk_ec3025d.jpg