Z22SE engine weight

chip

Hi, quick hello first of all I guess.

Im chip, I occasionally write for total vauxhall magazine so you may have seen my name there, ive got a mid engined nova c20let and a calibra turbo.

Im currently building a mini with a vauxhall engine, and was going to use a 20XE engine (currently its a 1.8 8v lump) but I decided it might be interesting to go for the Z22SE instead.

My question though, is what is the weight of the Z22SE?

Also, wiring, how easy to get the engine to run out of the car? Im guessing it would be easier to just go aftermarket?

Finally, what does an F23 WR weigh in at?

Thanks cheers..

Chip

chip

Oh, other quick querys relating to the box, anyone know if the inner cvs are the same as an f20?
And whats the score with a quaiffe or similar diff to fit?

chip

Oh, and another quick gearbox one ive just thought of, is it possible to fit the clutch/flywheel/box from the earlier cars.

It would be massively useful if I could get an F20 onto it, but im guessing it wont be simple to do so (starter location looks like the main reason!)

ASTRA2.2BADLAD

not shure my self bout weights of the engine and box but they ar not too bad because the z22se if a full alloy block and head, you have to use the f23 box and its cable operated gear change. The diff can be changed but not as simple as the f20 you need to split the complete casing :( ! Its a good engine but its big you will struggle fitting it in a min LOL but good luck it would be a first!!! showo..

vocky

Staff
138 kg according to this thread https://z22se.co.uk/viewtopic. ... ght=weight

gearbox must be a F23 z22se box only, cv's should be ok

quaiffe sell a diff :D

wiring, it's possible to retain the stock ecu, just need to wire in the transponder circuit :)

infact as the ecu sits on the engine, wiring will be minimal :)

Last edited by a moderator:

chip

Im fairly sure an XE is only about 140, so im quite surprised its as heavy as 138, given that the F23 is no doubt heavier than the F20, it makes it sound like its probably not as good an option as I first thought then!

Thanks very much for the info