z20let exhaust

Matt

Administrator
Yeah, have seen a lot of their stuff is quite a bit cheaper than similar products elsewhere. I've got the Forge re-circ valve fitted to mine, and their version is about £40 cheaper. Also, my down pipe was £130 for the 3" version, so that's a very good price for the extra piping and sports cat.

alanmoose

is that recirc valve necessary(skuse me i,m new to turbo set up lol)
i noticed on courtney site they supply choice of 3 coloured springs for diff stages of tuning
i,m going straight in for a stage 2 map
just saving for intercooler next

do you think the exhaust i bought will be fine with standard cat back? or hold a lot of power back
too many things need doing costing loads lol

Matt

Administrator
The re-circ valve is basically just an uprated part, because the OE one can fail. I did notice a much better response on gear change, as it directs boost back into the turbo keeping it spooling, where the OE one doesn't. Mine came with two springs, and you can request one for stage 3 power if required.

I run the standard cat and exhaust on mine, with just pre-cat down pipe, can made 10bhp extra from it, so with sports cat, you should see a decent increase, but would benefit further from the full system.

alanmoose

well finally go the exhaust fitted tonight/along with tx autosport enlarged top hat/boost pipes/astra cdti airbox with sports panel filter and wow what a difference,i,m seriously wondering what its going to be like once intercooler fitted and a remap,
right pain in the ar*e getting that clamp to seal from the turbo especially as my exhaust is basically 2 in 1 pipe/also fitted the oil restrictor bolt same time

Matt

Administrator
Excellent news, should definately fly with a remap to make use of all the extra bits