Z19DTH Induction Manifold Swirl Flap Removal Kit

Matt

Administrator
Just had this e-mail come through from LMF.

Z19DTH Induction Manifold Swirl Flap Removal Kit

awww_lmfvauxhall_co_uk_image_php_9a96604b156418d0b8291e5426a27c62._.jpg

This swirl flap removal kit allows you to re-use your original inlet/induction manifold, with the swirl flaps (which are prone to failure) REMOVED, meaning there is no need to replace your existing manifold.

Designed specifically to work with the Pierburg inlet manifold part number 55210201 , as fitted to 1.9CDTI 150BHP engines.

This kit consists of:
• 5 x Taper machined aluminium bushes
• 1 x BondLoc B603 locking compound (developed for oily environments)

Once 'De-flapped' the square runner of the manifold will now be free flowing with no swirl flaps.

awww_lmfvauxhall_co_uk_image_php_534f6088a627fedb0c9a34b311400d42._.jpg

Our aluminium bushes replace these plastic swirl flaps so there is no need to buy a new manifold

awww_lmfvauxhall_co_uk_image_php_f08a86bc2171e6a32ba3ece44a080489._.jpg

From testing and daily use of CDTI (150bhp) engine Astra Van, the manufacturer of this kit reports great results from fitting the De-flap kit.

• No Engine management light, no rough running and no extra smoke
  • Engine idles just as before, through the revs it feels keener and responds to throttle inputs more quickly, and also feels more eager to rev to the redline
  • From testing, on a rolling road, before and after fitting the De-flap kit, the manufacturer witnessed a 3bhp gain in maximum power and a 3.5lb/ft torque gain after fitting the De-flap kit.

ONLY £39.95 inc VAT

+ £3.95 shipping to most UK addresses

Matt

Administrator
cost £1k to fix my old 1.9 cdti when the swirl flaps failed, bargain :)
Mine were just about to fail, as the connector rod was loose and crap was starting to come out of the top of it. Glad I got rid when I did TBH.

Matt

Administrator
runs like crap when they fail, they need to make an alternator which lasts longer than 10 months next :ROFLMAO:
or a gear box!

I went to look at an Insignia last week, but they didn't have any of the newer bi-turbo 4x4 diesels in to have a test drive in (n)

Matt

Administrator
gearbox bearings are quite easy to do, but too much torque is still a problem for the M32
It only took them 6 hours to do mine when it went. Just a pain if you don't have the space / tools (or skill TBH)! At least they replaced the M32 with the F40 in the newer models.

Dave Gilbert

does anyone have an how to on fitting this kit???

i might have to do it on a 10 plate zafira with about 38000 miles on the clock

cheers