Won’t Start

Fordy

Can someone explain this so my small brain understands.

The wiring diagram for the injector harness is shown below.

K18 - Relay - Engine Control Unit
Y9.4 - Injection Valve - Cylinder 4

1527678060107.png

When I tested the voltage across the battery terminals and points A and B on the injector plug I got the following results:

1527678080072.png

My question is why am I getting 12V across the +ve battery terminal and Point A? Shouldnt that be 0V or very close to 0V?

Fordy

I take it means there is a break between the positive terminal of the battery and the common supply to the injectors?

Where are connectors X2 and X33?

Sorry for the number of posts

Fordy

The car is now running!!! It was the main engine relay that was at fault. I had previously tested the relay by bridging the terminals but it didn’t solve the problem as I had swapped the injector harness for the wrong one.

Thank you very much for all your help, it is much appreciated

Fordy

congrats on getting to the bottom of this fault, many would have given up (y)

Cheers mate. I've been through too much with this car to give up lol

Thank you very much for your help, I've learnt quite a bit whilst trying to diagnose the fault.

A fix that takes 2 seconds has taken 2 months to diagnose.

KevinH

Hi Fordy,

Glad you resolved this fault. (y)

I was convinced that your issue was the engine management relay (hence my post #30) as I had a similar issue with my Vectra a few years back. The codes were the same as you were getting and during diagnosis, on checking the relays one of them looked slightly swollen as though it might have overheated. I renewed both the relays to be sure (Sod's law if one has gone the other will fail shortly after) and everything was fine.

Happy motoring again! :)