Matt

Administrator
30% all round
70%.jpg

50% back 30% front
50-30%.jpg

50% all round
50%.jpg

Now I know the legalities of tinting the fronts, but I've done all my previous cars all the way round, and touch wood, never had an issue. Which do you think looks best?

Last edited:

Drakey

As above, but if you feel you can get away with 50% all round...it does look nice. The model up from mine comes with rear tints.....if I could afford it I`d get it done.

JohnnyN

Former Staff
Me being controversial again have voted for 30% all round. If I had my time again it is what I would do. It looks very subtle yet just that little bit different.

helenb

i have had my windows tinted 6 weeks ago. limo black at the back and rear and 60% on the front. the bloke we use charges £25 a window. a brilliant service. you can have what tints you like. and they do do a proper job. they do the tinting for the main dealers, ie fords ,lookers. etc. just cut out the middle man and pay the person who does the work.

Matt

Administrator
I should be getting mine done after Christmas. Going to use any money I get from people to have them done. I think I'm going to go for 50%/30%, as I want it to be quite subtle this time around

ja

i went for dark on rears, mid on the back doors and going to get light on the front doors in a week or 2, gives a nice faded look on the estate's
but on hatchbacks i would go 50/30 :D

yorkie200

I have limo black rear and standard front on my hatchback. had 20% on front of focus and kept getting pulled. so have left them standard.

Keeps the sun off the kids and I can leave DVD Players in the back for the kids

Magmushroom

You do realise if u put a 30% tint on the front it's gonna be illegal :(
Most front windows come with a factory tint usually 10-15% I found this out after driving round for 2 yrs with limo black all round b4 i got stopped & made to rip it off at the road side. I did count myself lucky as he didn't give me a ticket & he showed me the factory tint was 15% on the astra with his little photometer so putting any tint on the front is risky, won't stop me tinting the Veccy though. Limo black on the back & a light smoke on the front is ;-)
btw. Has anyone any tips for application to rear window in a saloon? The only 1 i have probs with hatchbacks & estates are much easier

Matt

Administrator
You do realise if u put a 30% tint on the front it's gonna be illegal :(
Most front windows come with a factory tint usually 10-15% I found this out after driving round for 2 yrs with limo black all round b4 i got stopped & made to rip it off at the road side. I did count myself lucky as he didn't give me a ticket & he showed me the factory tint was 15% on the astra with his little photometer so putting any tint on the front is risky, won't stop me tinting the Veccy though. Limo black on the back & a light smoke on the front is ;-)
btw. Has anyone any tips for application to rear window in a saloon? The only 1 i have probs with hatchbacks & estates are much easier
Yep, although, if you look at the thread date, it's from 2008 before they really cracked down on it. I had my Astra done with a light tint on the front, and limo black on the rear. I never ended up getting it done on the Vectra.

I'd not attempt a saloon myself, I've done a few hatch backs in the past, but would rather someone else do a saloon.

Magmushroom

Lol. I thought it was a legal thing b4 that, i did tint the astra sorta knowing about it & that was a saloon. I ended up rushing the rear window (things beyond my control) an had a few wrinkles.
I'll have to keep my eyes on these dates. Dam stupid mobile phones.
Cheers anyway ;-)

Matt

Administrator
Lol. I thought it was a legal thing b4 that, i did tint the astra sorta knowing about it & that was a saloon. I ended up rushing the rear window (things beyond my control) an had a few wrinkles.
I'll have to keep my eyes on these dates. Dam stupid mobile phones.
Cheers anyway ;-)
lol, it's an easy thing to do.

This is my old Astra with the light film on the fronts.
2_DSCF0735_1.jpg

There should be a marking on the glass stating the current level of tint from factory. I've just been out and had a look on the VXR, and it says Transparent 70% Minimum so they are already 30% tinted.

Magmushroom

Think I'll check mine in the morning. Lol
sorry don't have any pics on this phone at the mo, but ur astra looked nice mine was a 91 belmont & i think i should've started with the back when i had more light. Having to rush for other ppl didn't help.
I'm only gonna do the front light on veccy as i had some tint film donated to me. Now the weathers improving i can get round to a few jobs.