Where I can get a pair of brackets like this from?

Dave One

Can anyone tell me where I can get a pair of brackets like this from?

ai1342.photobucket.com_albums_o777_DaveOnePC_AstraBracket_zps139b764b.jpg

Thanks in advance,
Dave

Dave One

do they have to be ally? you could make them yourself with a good grinder and mig welder (if you can weld) (y)

Cheers Dave.

I managed to secure the purchase of the rear upper strut brace from the guy I nicked the photo from - he had sold the Astra about 3 years back and this was all he had left from the Astra. Initially I'd planned to use my redundant front upper strut brace (that was replaced by a Whiteline one), hence the call for brackets but now have the Weichers rear upper strut brace.

I know people say it doesn't make hardly any difference but since I've got a Whiteline RARB, a Whiteline front upper strut brace and I'm upgrading the FARB to 24mm with 888Dan droplinks, I thought I may as well complete the whole set. I'm also doing the lower engine mount to a powerflex bush.

All I need now (apart from a better engine......) is a set of decent cheap (must be cheap, lol) 17" snowflakes/turbo/Vec C SRi alloys.

Dave Gilbert

vectra c sri alloys arnt to bad priced now. i bought 2 with amazing goodyears on for 115quid delivered then sold 2 of mine for 45 quid each plus shipping with s**t tyres on so got new tyres for about 25 quid(y)

Dave One

im gonna refurb my alloys in gun metal metalic grey soon hopefully

I was tempted to get a set cheap and refurb myself - I'll need to 5 stud too. I quite like gun metal but think the standard colour will go better with my car and show the red brakes off a little more :).

Dave Gilbert

they were on ebay, a bloke was selling all 4 but singles so bought 2 of him n he did a deal on the shipping

i like the standard look but thought go abit darker maybe not gun metal but inbetween silver n dark grey. al keep an eye for u. i think the sri alloys would fill the arches nice on a mk4 astra(y)

Dave One

they were on ebay, a bloke was selling all 4 but singles so bought 2 of him n he did a deal on the shipping

i like the standard look but thought go abit darker maybe not gun metal but inbetween silver n dark grey. al keep an eye for u. i think the sri alloys would fill the arches nice on a mk4 astra(y)

Cheers Dave. If I have to do a refurb set then I may well try and do something a little different too :).

Dave Gilbert

Hi Dave just been looking on ebay n seen some alloys that might interest you, i was looking for a spare 1 to do a refurb on so i can swap 1 at a time n still be able to use the car.