Z22YH Whats the best way too...

FishHo

Remove the crankshaft pulley on an automatic ? I have to get the sump off as well and go chasing rocker shrapnel so does that come off easily. Somebody mentioned drop the sump and jam a 4x2 into the crank.and then at it with a breaker bar. I don't have access to a rattle gun unfortunately.

FishHo

Managed to remove the pulley without dropping the sump. Snagged this idea from another thread. 6mm chain and a couple of 8mm bolts with some rag wrapped around the sub frame.
Spent half the day with the kids just getting the wiring loom off after buying the breaker and socket and supplies. OK so tomorrow we'll aim to get the head off. Whats the easiest way to do this. Leave the manifolds on the head and remove them on the bench or leave them in the car.

Attachments

• 20170923_132216.jpg
    20170923_132216.jpg
    329.9 KB · Views: 173

vocky

Staff
probably easier to remove the inlet manifold and leave the exhaust manifold bolted to the head, just remove the three nuts connecting it to the downpipe

FishHo

Cool So in this thread , top picture, it shows that something was attached to the hole in the middle. On mine its just a blank plate. Am I 'missing' something ?

FishHo

So got the head and the chains off today. Only problems are
1) The cam carrier next to the fuel pump won't come off. The two bolts are out but its on bloody tight and im not going to force it.
2) Getting the fuel injectors out looks like a whole world of pain. I might leave that to the shop.
The head will be off to a shop as all eight inlets got bent. Exhausts are fine.The piston tops all have barely a mark on them , two little crescents about 3/4 m long on each. No scouring on the piston walls

figo126

the end cap has dowels in them making them tight to get off, little flathead screwdriver little tap with hammer, will get them moving,,,,