What size front mount intercooler to get?

rushy

The larger you go the greater lag you'll end up getting, if anything get the same capacity as the one you have but more efficient. The Vec C 2.0T uses the same inter cooler as the CDTi and the VXR so I dont think its a case of VX fitting an inferior one to none VXR's. Chances are that yours is the same as Matt's and easily good enough for your motor mate.

I would imagine the BSR map is made around the stock cooler as well, the BSR stage 3 for the NET only upgrades the downpipe map and injectors not the intercooler. notsure.gif

Matt

Administrator
The one Mark has at the minute is the side mount which is the same as the Z20LET on the MK4s, so any of those would work.

The problem with the Z20LEH one, is it's bloody big, but sits between the aircon rad and the coolant rad, so gets restricted airflow.

Mark Dj

Former Staff
I don't understand the different core sizes they come with notsure.gif . I only want a little bit bigger one to keep inlet temps down :razz: . What one should I go for and what size as I will buy one so it gets more air than my standard side mount cooler

sdbutler10

Ideally u want one that will fit easy. Iv been looking at getting a 2.5" set up I know I will get more lag but will help later on with my plans.