What lowering kit to go for?

Mark Dj

Former Staff
I have my eye on a few lowering kits. Has anyone had these fitted or know what the quality is like? Or I can just get the springs and I have seen Supersport Spring Kit - Vectra C that has caught my eye lowering my car 35mm on the front and 30mm on the rear. Or I can get the same springs but lower the car 45mm all round? What should I go for, Coil-overs or just springs? Or even a Supersport Sprint Suspension Kit? Cheers

Supersport Race Coilover Kit - Vectra C £458.24
Supersport coilover kit suitable for Vectra C ('02 -) Saloon. Lowers the vehicle aprox. 35-65mm.

Supersport has a huge range of quality suspension kits from Alfa to VW.
All these kits come from Germany and are TUV and ISO9001 quality approved so you get the quality you want.
Supersport’s massive purchasing power means you get amazingly low prices. So you get second to none value, backed up by a 2 year Warranty.

• 100% Chrome Plated Height Adjusters for long, trouble-free life
• Ride Height Adjustable on the car WITHOUT Dismantling
• Top Quality Epoxy Powder Coated Chrome Silicone Springs
• GAS Dampers for ultimate performance
• Uprated dampers that give a sporty but German quality ride
• Tested on high speed German autobahns
• TUV and ISO9001 quality approved so you get the quality you want.

Coil-Overs:
image.php

Springs:
image.php

Supersport Sprint Suspension Kit - Vectra C:
image.php

sdbutler10

coilerovers is a harder ride comfort
springs are good as long as the shocks are ok to work with them
the spring and shock kit will give you the look but keeping the comfort.

vocky

Staff
I would recommend you get matching shocks and springs, so a kit would be better

you could keep the old suspension and when you sell the car you could then remove the new suspension and sell it seperately

Mark Dj

Former Staff
Cheers. I am happy enough with the rear look, it's not that bad, maybe a bit lower? The front needs to come down the most. Still not sure what kit to get, might give the coilovers a miss then. What drop should I aim for? Bear in mind I don't have a dropped kerb on my driveway yet.

Mark Dj

Former Staff
35mm All round? Be nice to see what it would look like. I might the suspension Kit so that I know it's in good working order.

Matt

Administrator
Well this was 30mm on Eibach and Bilstein B4's on 17" wheels, with 225/45/R17 tyres.
afarm4.static.flickr.com_3457_3401748696_ec996716f6_b.jpg

Mark Dj

Former Staff
Thats probably the best height I should go for, but mine might be higher on the front end yet again with me having lower profile tyres and you engine was heavier than mine. So 35 mm or 40 it might have to be

Mark Dj

Former Staff
Right I have just bought the Bilsten B6 shocks, now I just need some springs probably Eibach, what ones do I get. Do they only do the 30mm ones? Cheers

Matt

Administrator
Yeah, the Eibach Pro kit is only 30mm. You need to know the kerb weight of the Vectra to work out which kit to buy.

At a guess, it's this one you'd need:

10-65-007-01-22

which is for 966kg to 1060kg front weight.

Mark Dj

Former Staff
I will have a look tonight, cheers Matt :) . Will I need anything else when I get this kit? Ie drop links, bearings, wheels lined up. Cheers

Mark Dj

Former Staff
Right The weights on my tag are as this...

1980 kg
3580 kg
1-1030 kg
2-0980 kg

So what springs will I need then Matt, is it the second one down on LMF's web site 966kg to 1060kg, rear up to 1035kg? Cheers

Do I need to buy anything for the rear of my Vectra apart from the springs?

Matt

Administrator
Yep, 1060 front 1035 rear is the kit you want for your engine Mark. Same one I had fitted, but my front weight was 1080.

Haukkeli

Well let's see..
What my shocks will like if I attach to my -01 Vectra B sport only a lowering springs, like 20-30mm more than the normal sport shocks&springs ?
I'm a student and can't afford to both ones :D
Have anybody tested this before ?

-J