Z22YH What is broken Fuel Regulator or Fuel Pump ???

Andy B

Hi, that's a shame had a ring round yesterday and kept getting quotes of about five to six hundred pound, brought one off eBay in end for £286 being delivered tomorrow so will put it on ttomorrow night, checked my regulator yesterday and this has a build date of 2011 so this is a modified one, tho when checking last night with code reader now got another code suddenly come up p1112 swirl flaps stuck, am hoping this will clear and is related to low idling, fingers crossed lol

Andy B

Thanks yeah they look like a possible, am going to put the pump on first and see if all codes clear as when problem first started only had the pump fault code and it was only last night when I was messing around with code reader and looking at numbers on regulator hat it's come on as well, hopefully will have new pump tomorrow and will put on and test, will post tomorrow night

Andy B

Car is now fixed and all codes have cleared, think swirl flap code may have been a coincidence as started last night and was only ticking over at about 600rpm, has had a good road test and all running correctly.
Thanks to everyone for there comments and advice.

rushy

The swirl flap thing is another common fault with the Z22YH. If its your first sign of trouble then sometimes pumping plenty of carb cleaner into the intake after the MAF and then taking it out for a good Italian Tune can do the trick, however if it's a constant fault then you may have to buy the kit and replace them. Blanking the EGR should help keep your intake manifold clean and keep the swirl flaps from sticking.

Andy B

Thanks will bear that in mind, it's driving ok again at moment so will see how it goes over next few days, if I were to blank egr valve would this require remapping like a diesel engine? Or are there kits out there to fool ecu into thinking it was still functioning correctly?

rushy

As from what im aware the cheater is not tested on the z22yh, but for that price its worth a bash, the blanking plate however wont fit as the z22yh EGR is water cooled and the blanking plate is domed.

You can however just blank the EGR path where it leaves the head and connects to the corrugated pipe to the manifold. As long as the EGR is still opening and shutting then the ECU wont throw a fit, it only check's to see the valve is still working not that gas is flowing same as the SE.

Last edited by a moderator:

rushy

Its pipe #1 your wanting to blank.

40309_awww.vectra_c.com_forum_uploader_pics_2010_picsMay2010_direct_20manifold_201_20_28Small_29_2011.JPG

Attachments

• ai.ebayimg.com_t_vauxhall_vecta_C_signum_EGR_valve_blanking_pl455505c5bdd8ee8fb364abec2a16a057.jpg
    ai.ebayimg.com_t_vauxhall_vecta_C_signum_EGR_valve_blanking_pl455505c5bdd8ee8fb364abec2a16a057.jpg
    1.1 KB · Views: 211
Last edited by a moderator:

IDI AMIN

As from what im aware the cheater is not tested on the z22yh, but for that price its worth a bash, the blanking plate however wont fit as the z22yh EGR is water cooled and the blanking plate is domed.

You can however just blank the EGR path where it leaves the head and connects to the corrugated pipe to the manifold. As long as the EGR is still opening and shutting then the ECU wont throw a fit, it only check's to see the valve is still working not that gas is flowing same as the SE.

Ok Rushy silly me a bit hasty with my reply i even had a quick look on e bay dont seem to have them there either . May have to make his own one for the yh don't know about the cheater either

rushy

Ok Rushy silly me a bit hasty with my reply i even had a quick look on e bay dont seem to have them there either . May have to make his own one for the yh don't know about the cheater either
They say the yh is progress on the se m8 but all 3 things fail. Given the choice I'd stick with the se