Wet floor passangersside Astra G coupé

Reniér

Hi everyone,

I have a thing going on with my Astra G. When I was cleaning out the interior I noticed the floor was wet (passangersside, where the feet rest). I pressed my hand on the floor and it smelled like cooling liquid (that sweet, soury smell). I also noticed the level I had to refill the cooling liquid.

So I took away the center console so I could take a closer look on the heater and the O-rings. I've heard those two things are known to leak in the Astra G. I checked it with a cold engine, warm engine, with the heater of and on, with the AC of and on but I can't see whats leaking. The floor under the heater is dry, as is the plastic box surrounding it. The O-rings aren't leaking. Am I missing something? Do you guys have any tips?

sinisa97

Hi everyone,

I have a thing going on with my Astra G. When I was cleaning out the interior I noticed the floor was wet (passangersside, where the feet rest). I pressed my hand on the floor and it smelled like cooling liquid (that sweet, soury smell). I also noticed the level I had to refill the cooling liquid.

So I took away the center console so I could take a closer look on the heater and the O-rings. I've heard those two things are known to leak in the Astra G. I checked it with a cold engine, warm engine, with the heater of and on, with the AC of and on but I can't see whats leaking. The floor under the heater is dry, as is the plastic box surrounding it. The O-rings aren't leaking. Am I missing something? Do you guys have any tips?

Did you fix your water leak issue??
I have the same problem where actually coolant is leaking to my driver and passenger footwell. Checked oil, no coolant in there but I noticed coolant level dropping.

AGENTKB

Had sort of same issue 2 years ago. Hoovering car out noticed carpet seemd damp. Investigated further by opeing up drivers carpet hatch. Holy crap!!!!!! Tons and tons of water. Removed seat and opened up carpet. From fron to back carpet completely drenched about 2 inch of standin water . Anyways dried it out over a week. Searched and searched for any trace of water. could i find anything coukd i feck! . So had to use car, and i firgot about it cause weather had changed. But anyways it happened again but worse. Whole carpet both sides soaked through ffs. Guess where the water ingress was ?

sinisa97

Had sort of same issue 2 years ago. Hoovering car out noticed carpet seemd damp. Investigated further by opeing up drivers carpet hatch. Holy crap!!!!!! Tons and tons of water. Removed seat and opened up carpet. From fron to back carpet completely drenched about 2 inch of standin water . Anyways dried it out over a week. Searched and searched for any trace of water. could i find anything coukd i feck! . So had to use car, and i firgot about it cause weather had changed. But anyways it happened again but worse. Whole carpet both sides soaked through ffs. Guess where the water ingress was ?
Where?