weapon r fitted

pottsey

went over to michael derry's(mikest200) today where we set about fitting these,a big thank you mike your a star
ai293.photobucket.com_albums_mm47_jaycalellvic_supercharger_001.jpg

ai293.photobucket.com_albums_mm47_jaycalellvic_supercharger_004.jpg

ai293.photobucket.com_albums_mm47_jaycalellvic_supercharger_DSCN3385.jpg

right fitting these wasnt easy at all,as nickyb well knows as it came off his

firstly the cable tray has to come out ,then the bracket which holds the water pipes had to come off ,the aircon pipes came out ,they needed to come out anyway for the s/c conversion
ai293.photobucket.com_albums_mm47_jaycalellvic_supercharger_DSCN3381.jpg

before

ai293.photobucket.com_albums_mm47_jaycalellvic_supercharger_DSCN3380.jpg

ai293.photobucket.com_albums_mm47_jaycalellvic_supercharger_DSCN3382.jpg

my original exhaust manifold gasket had to be dremeled to suit the weapon r manifold outlet holes
ai293.photobucket.com_albums_mm47_jaycalellvic_supercharger_DSCN3387.jpg

the difference in the 2 manifolds
ai293.photobucket.com_albums_mm47_jaycalellvic_supercharger_DSCN3386.jpg

the engine mount was then took off and 3 off us pulled and levered the engine forward about 3" whilst michael slipped the weapon r in

ai293.photobucket.com_albums_mm47_jaycalellvic_supercharger_DSCN3388.jpg

once that was in and bolted up then d/pipe was next ,next problem was that it was knocking on the sub frame on the bend so we bent the subframe enough so it didnt foul on it
ai293.photobucket.com_albums_mm47_jaycalellvic_supercharger_DSCN3390.jpg

as it was joining the magnex centre ,i thought it would be ok as magnex is 2.5" ,yes it is but not at the cat end so i need to get that sorted as it blows a bit
but other than that it sounds bloody awesome[/QUOTE]

JohnnyN

Former Staff
I don't want to p**s on your fire Jas but that wrap around the subframe looks mighty close and could cause an issue once the SC has been fitted given the amount of movement in the engine mounts.

notsure.gif

pottsey

JohnnyN said:
I don't want to p**s on your fire Jas but that wrap around the subframe looks mighty close and could cause an issue once the SC has been fitted given the amount of movement in the engine mounts.

notsure.gif

You can buy reducer rings for the 2.5" flange down to 2". I had one with my Milltek.

;)

im looking into getting something sorted for the movement burt suggested getting a gas strut made up to fit between the engine and the bulkhead to take the whip out of the engine

thats handy to know about the reducer ,any idea where i can get one

JohnnyN

Former Staff
Put a call into Magnex or Milltek.

I haven't heard anything back regarding that email to Walker Rubber. I'm going to call them this week.

pottsey

ive got a powerflow stockist near me so i'll pop in there get them to knock me something up

cheers for chasing them up john (y)

pottsey

loud with the blow at the moment but aside from that it sounds lovely got a right burble to it the same sort of sound a scooby makes is the only way i can put it