Water level

Mark Dj

Former Staff
I was out in my car the other day and the water level on my car was low, came up on the main computer telling me. I topped it up and all ok. Tonight I noticed it was down again while topping up my screen wash. I undone the bottle cap and a bit pressure released from the bottle, the water level then went back up to it's normal line level without me topping it up. Is that normal notsure.gif

Matt

Administrator
Under pressure the water level should increase. When the engine is cold, the level should sit on the COLD level mark on the bottle.

Mine was on a slope facing forward on my driveway in the below picture, which is why it looks high
afarm5.static.flickr.com_4033_4353318693_af0aec7739_b.jpg
DSC_1798 by Matt Worthington, on Flickr

Mark Dj

Former Staff
Mine is the other way round. Looked at the water bottle and it was slightly low, took the cap off and it rose to it's max level again as it should be. I will be keeping an eye on it.

MikeS

Former Staff
look for bubbles coming from the bottom of tha expansion tank when the car is warmed up

Mark Dj

Former Staff
I will do, weird how it goes down then comes back up when I let the pressure out. I was going to top it up again but did not need to when I took the cap off.