vx220 exhaust U bend

vocky

Staff
got bored and decided to sort out my vx220 exhaust restrictions notsure.gif

I was never happy with the milltek U bend section, it looks smaller than the standard part :?

The pipework on my vx is 2.5" before and after the cat, so the less than 2" U bend is not ideal :(

A couple of 2.5" 90 degree bends soon got welded together and I just need to weld on the flange and it's finished :)

hopefully it will free up a few bhp too :LOL:

markv

Re: vx220 exhaust

vocky said:

I was never happy with the milltek U bend section, it looks smaller than the standard part :?

The pipework on my vx is 2.5" before and after the cat, so the less than 2" U bend is not ideal :(

A couple of 2.5" 90 degree bends soon got welded together and I just need to weld on the flange and it's finished :)

Based on what I saw with my 2Bular, this should help a lot :)

Mark

winstar

vocky said:

lol no the entire Miltek back box is less than ideal, stick a 2bular on there I'll put money on you get an increase in power, speedster proved it's more restrictive than a piper let alone a 2.5" stright through

vocky

Staff

winstar said:
lol no the entire Miltek back box is less than ideal, stick a 2bular on there I'll put money on you get an increase in power, speedster proved it's more restrictive than a piper let alone a 2.5" stright through

it's your fault I'm tweaking it :LOL:

I'm even considering cutting open the milltek and modifying it internally :eek:

vocky

Staff
standard U bend

acdn.z22se.com_userpix_13_IMGP1392_1.jpg

milltek U bend

acdn.z22se.com_userpix_13_IMGP1391_1.jpg

compare for yourself :?

acdn.z22se.com_userpix_13_IMGP1395_1.jpg

acdn.z22se.com_userpix_13_IMGP1396_1.jpg

vocky

Staff
finished the U bend yesterday and fitted it today :)

exhaust note is now deeper and sounds much better :D

took it for a spin 8)

power and torque appear to be up showo..

well worth the effort cheers..