vx memo

vocky

Staff
I agree with manufacturers 3 year or 60,000 mile warranties, but they cannot continue forever or they would go bust dunno..

It does annoy me that there is an issue with the chain lubrication jet :evil:

but I concede there is a point where they have to say enough is enough :(

ChipsWithEverything said:
Hi!

First post - so be gentle! :oops: This isn't supposed to be a thread hijack, but I'll create a new one if necessary and mods please delete my ramblings from this one if needs be - ta!

First off many thanks to you all, particularly Dingo35, and this great forum and mods. - very useful.

My car (51 plate 45k miles FVSH Vectra 2.2CD estate - 6yrs and 1mth old) started the classic chain cam routine and I'd have been lost without you guys (and gals!).

Vx insist my car isn't due for a recall (yawn) and surprise surprise the recent ticking requires a new cambelt and assembly - £500 quid to you Sir.

I kick off using all the info from here and to his credit the service manager was very sympathetic, but had his hands tied by Vx Head office as to what he could offer. He suggested phoning vx Cust Services - who promptly refused my claim. :evil:

I told this to the Service Manager, who promptly dealt with it and got the price down to 360, including 20% Vx contribution, warranty rates and 10% discount on parts.

In your opinion what should I do - I need the car, not desperately (I have another), but it's still needed. Should I haggle with Vx Customer Care? I don't want to drive the car to anywhere else - I don't think it'll make it to be honest.

HELP!

Thanks In Advance,

Chips.

re: the above: I wrote an emotive, yet 100% factual letter to Vauxhall Head Office (Customer Care) and they have now agreed to compensate me to 90% of the cost :razz:

This leaves me as a happy punter, good will restored and I only have to fork out 36 quid. As a bonus the aircon has been recharged and for that price it's a bargain.

Well chuffed and thanks to all on this excellent forum.

Cheers,

Chips!

Jules

dodger said:
The costs for this repair will be covered for vehicles until 31.12.2007 and
a mileage lower than 100.000 Km (60.000miles).

I don't! It seems my chain has snapped and we're 5 days past the bleeding cut off date!

Vauxhall WILL be getting an irate phonecall from me tomorrow if that turns out to be the case!

Ian Stevo

Timing Chains

Hi
I am only a recent user of z22se and came across the website when my timing chain broke in the middle of December on my 02 vectra 2.2sri. Three calls to my vauxhall dealer in Newcastle and a couple of days wait whilst they "sought authorisation" and to their credit they fixed the timing chain, replaced the head gasket (which they think blew at the same time) and a couple of valves.....all free gratis!!! Happy days!!! :D
Very Happy

My car had 52k with a full service history, last service not at vauxhall dealer. Maybe I have have been lucky but i would say regardless of the date on the memo its definetly worth pursuing!

So with my faith restored in vauxhall is restored and my sri lives on!!!

Thanks for the advice and Good luck! cheers..
cheers..