Vectra C supercharger?

Dave Gilbert

iv just watched a eaton m62 SC go on ebay.com for a total of $200 delivered

ok it was only the charger but not bad with the shippin

rushy

i had a look under the bonnet on mine and theres 2 ecus anyway(not sure what each 1 does) but 1 is just under the throttle body(same as all z22se engines carl says) and 1 is on the passenger side stut so it could be 1 for the engine and 1 for all the canbus and other bits n bobs but i ant got 1 clue on that
Thats the ABS Module your on about, you have about 22 Module's throughout the car, the engine ECU is just one of them. On the Vec C's lots of the module's are coded to the car or have specific ident codes depending on spec. The Vec C's a pig, my headlight switch has a specific ident code and may not work with your car, its this whole Canbus thing that sets the C and newer Gen Vx's apart from any other VX. Have you ever seen an engine swap to another size in the C.... I only know of one and they had to do a full body loom transplant from a doner car.

rushy

Its been a fair few years since I looked into it so fingers crossed and hopefully times have changed and they can sort you out. Its fair to say if you did it many would follow.

Dave Gilbert

sounds like a pig of a job that, iv emailed courney sport just waitin on them, but might call them next week to see if its possible without messing with extra ecus etc

pottsey

whats insurance like?? does have to be specialized or modified or what?
mines a tad over 400 fully comp with supercharger and all other mods ,exhaust,bumper,lights ,alloys,lowering ,think it went up about 100 with the sc
most modified insurance will cover it
and yeah steves charger is very shiny ,too much time on his hands lol

Dave Gilbert

i ant tried to insure a modified car, cos mines completely standard honest.

i did try to insure my mini(being honest n saying it had a 1275cc instead of the 998cc n nobody wanted to know but i was only 20)

2.2 SRI 150

yep pmed u bak buddy cheers jason ;) all parts will be for sale very soon :D
insurance for me this year with this lot was 360 quid fully comp
Z22sc,2.2 Ecotec 247.9BHP,-rolling roaded @ courtnay sport,Stage2
DOHC, 16V,uprated chan kit & tensioner
piper manifold
2.5" downpipe
2.5" powerflow cat bak
oddosey minature sports battery
2.2 map-sensor
courtnay cold runnin stat
courtnays stage1 pulley
Front-mounted-Charge-cooler
RS-Focus charge-cooler pump
2.0LSJ T/B
polished-Eaton M62 supercharger
sc inlet manilfold
Z20-net oil pump
VXR Injectors
piper fast rd cams
cosworth K&N high performance filter
Air-Conditionin-fully removed
alloy polished rocker-cover
stainless chargercooler,headertank
radiator cover
stainless grill over
stainless brake reserviour cover
stainless fuse box
stainless front fuse cover
stainless relay cover
stainless battery tray
stainless oil catch Tank

TRANSMISSION
Front wheel drive
F23,5 speed gearbox
short shift

SUSPENSION
JOM coilovers
lowered about 70mm all round
polly flex bushes all round.

BRAKES
Saab 308mm brackets
308mm vented front disks
drilled & grooved rear disks
mintex exterme pads
BFGoodrich braided brake hoses...
dot 5.1

WHEELS + TYRES
BBS LM Reps
215/35/18 tyres

BODY
Hatchbak,1st registrered in 2001
Smoothed Opel Zender front bumper
OPC upper Grill,
rear imry apron
facelift irmscher sideskirts
Heko wind-deflectors
Xenon headlights 5000k
Limo black tints on rear
CDX-Door-seals
Clear rear jewels

INTERIOR
Rear electric windows
Irmscher GSI steering wheel
leather door cards
st carbon coin tray
st heater panel souround
carbon wrapped clock souround
irmscher handbrake cover
richbrook gear knob
Plasma clock dials
white needles
Red widespread leds at the base
White leds for the mid
white led strip for the heater souround
blue led window switches
SRI sill plates...

Dave Gilbert

SO spoke to courtenay sport today and they have never done a conversion on a C (as we know)and there not interested in doing any of the mapping on a C(theres not a big enough market for it:cry::cry:)

so there out the window, so i dont know what to do now:cry::cry:

mite have to buy a turbo vectra:sneaky:

5M1THY

^^ that's annoying I dunno if it's worth it as loads of work but surely you could use Astra g looms and ecu and just re do the whole car as an Astra mk4 in a vectra? Surely the interior electrics are similar it's just the engine and dash looms? After all it's the same engine it's just the remapping of ecu that's an issue? I've never even been in a vectra c so I'm just throwing it out there lol

Dave Gilbert

its all the canbus, i thought the ecu on the engine(which is the ecu that controls the engine) would be the same on all but apparently not

i could do with a ecu off a mk4 astra n just plug it into mine to try it but it wouldnt work just cos of the emobilizer.

5M1THY

Yeah but surely there's a way of removing the entire brain of the vectra and changing it to an Astra I dunno how it would work with the instrument panel but there must be a way. My brother in law used to have pug mi16 management running his cosworth and everything worked like it should obviously abit easier being older but I can't believe it can't be done lol

Dave Gilbert

i agree it can be done but a what cost

its just the engine at the end of the day so should be able to run a seperate ecu just to run it but i ant got a clue with it. is it worth it?
i might just get saving n buy a turbo vectra n get that mapped up.

rushy

Yeah but surely there's a way of removing the entire brain of the vectra and changing it to an Astra I dunno how it would work with the instrument panel but there must be a way. My brother in law used to have pug mi16 management running his cosworth and everything worked like it should obviously abit easier being older but I can't believe it can't be done lol
The problem is the Vec C has 20 odd "brains" that communicate with each other. Even a head unit swap isnt straight forward. If you want to swap a stock HU for another stock HU you have to divorce the doner HU from the first car via Tech 2 then marry it to the new car.

The Vec C doesnt even have the traditional constant live and ignition live to run an after market HU. It has a constant and a canbus "trigger" which when hooked up to a volt meter looks like a constant cycle pulse. You have to get funky with the wires and tap into things like the back of one of the 3 fuse boxes or ciggi lighter.

It can really be a pain in the arse, if you put led bulbs in they strobe like a cop car even with the car powered down and locked, again you have to get funky and tap into the dash lights and use relays to get led sidelights to work with out errors.