Vectra C supercharger?

Hi, I'm just wondering if anyone has supercharged a vectra c 2.2 facelift? Iv looked on courtneys website and there is loads of info about astra, vx220 and vectra b but zilch on vectra c. Is it even possible and how much would it all cost?

Thanks

Matt

the problem is the CAN system on the later vectra C, I suspect courtenay cannot map the ecu, plus the later vectra C has the z22yh engine and the supercharger inlet manifold doesn't fit that head :(

rushy

I spoke to Courts about it a few years ago, they said they could do the SE in the Vec C but never have done so don't have and info/maps and so on. As for the YH, i don't think the CAN would be a problem as its the same as the pre facelift SE in that department but as Vocky mentioned it would be the Manifold. The other problem I think they have on both cars is the angle of the engine, in mine certainly, its tilted quite far back so the SC would sit quite high up front and I think there might be clearance issues with the bonnet, nothing a big hole wouldn't sort LOL

It would be nice though to shut up a few of the VXR online guys who presume just because you dont drive a VXR your beneath them, Vec C certainly, cant comment on the astra chaps however.

i know this is a really old thread but id really like to do the supercharger conversion on my vectra c (prefacelift)

iv spoke to evocarlos and been in his astra and i think im at a point of either do away with the vectra n get a turbo astra or vectra or supercharge mine.
i could live with a bulge at the front of the bonnet, hahaha but has anyone done it yet??

id love to have the first vectra c with a supercharger,

I dont care if it has a strange bulge at the front of the bonnet to acomadate(I cant spell today) it

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
id love to have the first vectra c with a supercharger,

I dont care if it has a strange bulge at the front of the bonnet to acomadate(I cant spell today) it
if it will fit in a corsa then it will fit in a vectra c :)

the charger sits as low as the fuel rail
39022_aimg685.imageshack.us_img685_4977_dsc00213sdsmall2s.jpg

issue is theres no return line on the fuel rail and as said above the ecu dont match
maybe theres an option to run a z22se vec b or astra g 2.2 ecu ?

I will have a big hole, if thats the only thing holding it back

carl said it cost him about 1500quid so its not that much money, it would take me a wile but Id love to do it

hmmmmmm carl theres so much I dont know, doesnt the ecu control all the other random stuff like the warning lights n the display that says theres a bulb out etc, wouldnf that get messed up if I used a b ecu?

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
hmmmmmm carl theres so much I dont know, doesnt the ecu control all the other random stuff like the warning lights n the display that says theres a bulb out etc, wouldnf that get messed up if I used a b ecu?
not to sure but seen people run 2 ecus the cars original and the extra ecu controlling the engine but i dont know how or if that would work in this case ?

thats the thing with this int it, cos its not bin done before nobody knows so to find out its gonna cost

I wish it was just a parts list n bolt everything on.

iv been thinking about a new car but I really like mine,
iv thought about a astra gsi turbo or a vectra c facelift with expack turbo

but whats the fun in that.

I spoke to Courts about it a few years ago, they said they could do the SE in the Vec C but never have done so don't have and info/maps and so on.

from third post down, so mapping an early C with a z22se is possible at Courtenays

thats good then, so just bolt everything on and then take it to them

so now i just need a parts list to try n price it all up. i found a colbolt supercharger kit on ebay.com last night it had injectors an a few other bits aswell that was about $500